Think I’m going to have fun here!!

Had my first night out at last after waiting about 5 months to get the ground cleared where I live to control the fox numbers for my mate who rents the land to graze his sheep and he lost a lot of lambs last year. 

To say it’s crawling with foxes is an understatement! I pulled up and straight away there was a fox wandering up behind me. Boom after 2 minutes first fox down! Put rabbit distress on the caller and had two running in. the first was eighty yards, the second was 200, both dropped on the spot. Turned the caller off. Gave it 10 minutes and I saw another two in the distance. Turned the caller on again and had the forth one trotting in to the caller, bang down it went. It was a bloody cold night and my rifle started to freeze up so after 1 hr 20 minutes I had shot four and saw another seven!!! 

Ive got lots of work to do! 

A3134FCE-36DB-4A38-9BDB-8ACC590366DE.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Longshanx said:

4 foxes in just over an hour? some going Jarvis.

Why can’t it be like that up our neck of the woods?

That was only 3 fields as well, the one I was parked in and the two I could see into with the thermal! Lots more to cover yet!! 

I lI’ve seeing foxes about, its a great sight, (as long as they aren’t at the shoot I do where I want them all taken care of) but where I live the numbers that are here is crazy! They need getting on top of. 

27 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

With that amount of foxes about I'd be organising a morning of fox drives. Couple walking guns with dogs and two or three standing. It can be a lot of fun on foxy land.

But that's because lamping is a fecking chore in my mind. LOL

I love it out at night on the foxes, and doing it in the day is a no go as the land is completely surrounded by a forest which is open to the public so the last thing I want to be doing is having people blasting away in the day and get townie do gooders walking their dogs sticking their oar in thinking they know the law! 

• Like 2
10 hours ago, The one said:

Nice going mate they all look like there big well fed foxes too 

They bloody are all big! 

Had these two last night up there. The top one is a vixen and it was much bigger built than the dog. 

47680062-3C94-4ECC-8D7F-8F7E151F52EC.jpeg

• Like 4
20 minutes ago, Longshanx said:

Good going Jarvis?? they are definitely well fed down there?, should make yourself a few quid by taking the tails, this time next year you’ll be a millionaire ?

If it was like the old days and you got money for the skins the amount of foxes here I could quit the day job! 

• Like 2

Three of us sitting in highseats waiting for deer , still early I had a pair in front of my seat and shot one , one of the other lads shot two walking to the  seat and one just after getting up in it and the other lad never shot any ( he had deer in the next field ) but see 7 .The Shoot has had a year off so haven’t been on the job , we have not really bothered because we are more concerned in culling the deer ..There are loads about . 

• Like 2
16 hours ago, sussex said:

Three of us sitting in highseats waiting for deer , still early I had a pair in front of my seat and shot one , one of the other lads shot two walking to the  seat and one just after getting up in it and the other lad never shot any ( he had deer in the next field ) but see 7 .The Shoot has had a year off so haven’t been on the job , we have not really bothered because we are more concerned in culling the deer ..There are loads about . 

I’ve lost count the amount of times I go up to the shoot I keeper to look for a deer and  plans soon change because I end up seeing a fox and the freezer ends up staying empty for another day! 

• Haha 2