Rubbish dump Ferreting

Had a morning out with young Don this morning   things did not go to plan  and the Rabbits were reluctant to bolt  and the digging was through countless burnt Matresseswe managed a few,  how ever it is always  nice to be out and next season  WE WILL BE BACK  with a heap of Bone crushing Traps .

PS  ……. To the Daisys on General talk  [and you know who you are ]  if you were to touch that beautiful  3/4 length  coat that I am wearing you would know immediately that you could not afford  to buy one  and also just like the man wearing it, it is a lot tougher than you Turds .

011.JPG

006.JPG

015.JPG

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ferret110 said:

Where the does in kindle? the Rabbits might not be there next winter with VHD/RHD2 spreading

One Doe was and there was also young Rabbits running through the Warren, the season is set for an early finish ……….may be for the best .

Not so good mate, happens to the best of us, here's hoping she turns up for you one way or another, you never know always remember losing one as a lad afore I knew of locators let alone afford one, same as yourself went back numerous times but to no avail but 3 weeks later to the day as I walked past the set of holes in the old tree vowing never to ferret the fecking thing again out he walked, hope you have a bit of luck ?

14 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

That would make my day pal?

hope you find her. used to Ferret a few dumps years ago. tend to find with bricks rubble & stuff they can fall into crevices & can't pull themselves up. just a thought. 

Well I thought there was something odd about it , it was an old Ferret who knew her job , she was in good fettle and well cared for , after she was thought lost  the other Ferret moved and bolted other Rabbits, new ferrets were entered and moved Rabbits , but the old Doe did not move ???now the Ferret was Nine years old and had had a lot of graft , did she drop dead on us ??????????

I have ferrets around that age die on the job I am afraid to say, dug down to a signal on the collar to find ferret dead, fur on the claws, assumed a heart attack. However a happy story as well I lost a jill after the collar stopped working and went back every day (as did my mrs whilst I was at work) for a week to ten days before giving up and assuming the worst then a full 26 days after losing her I get a call off the keeper to say that whilst out on a shoot day (a good quarter of a mile away from where I lost her) my ferret had just wondered up to a beater a he picked her and handed her over to the keeper. She was fatter than when I lost her and picked her up without a box as I was in the area and she curled up fast asleep on my lap the whole way home! Other ferrets genuinely seemed pleased to see her when I put her back in the court. She still had the faulty collar on too! 

Old boy lost all 3 of his no collars on, we put others in with collars but still no sign left him putting rabbit guts out side holes to try and temt them out. Went back end of day and still no good so he left his box behind and kept returning every morning on the fourth day he returned and they was all cuddled up in box.

Not sure if any of that is helpful mate but good luck hope you get her back

• Like 1
21 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

i know i mess about an that on ere but anybody that knows me will tell ye losing this jill has really gutted me an I don’t mind admitting it?

There are a lot of people who just buy ferrets at the start of the season and sell them when it's finished, they have no affinity with them they are just disposable. They moan and whine when people charge more than a tenner for good working stock and would tell you " just get another ". They have no concept of the man / animal relationship and i expect never will. I genuinely feel for you buddy.

• Like 1