dug out some old pics

We used to trave[ up and stay for a week, we stayed in a cottage on a farm the place was stuffed with rabbits, four of us 7 dogs and 7 ferrets and take over a thousand in the week, if you went in the pub the farmers were nearly falling out with each other over whose land we were going on next, this was before the great plummer moved up there and fck it by telling the whole world about it

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, myersbg said:

We used to trave[ up and stay for a week, we stayed in a cottage on a farm the place was stuffed with rabbits, four of us 7 dogs and 7 ferrets and take over a thousand in the week, if you went in the pub the farmers were nearly falling out with each other over whose land we were going on next, this was before the great plummer moved up there and fck it by telling the whole world about it

Did you go out with Tommy McPhee?My cousin lives near Thurso,still rabbits about but nothing in number the way it used to be.

post-1930-1210773823_thumb.jpg

• Like 9
13 minutes ago, mackem said:

Did you go out with Tommy McPhee?My cousin lives near Thurso,still rabbits about but nothing in number the way it used to be.

post-1930-1210773823_thumb.jpg

Met Tommy a couple of times when we were up there, we had a brew at his house but we never got a run with him

• Like 1

Nice pics lads lived in Caithness for 7 years good few rabbits about 10 years ago not like the numbers in the dales tho .now very poor numbers up there evan the islands don't have the numbers now glad I got there and made most of it for a wile

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, D Lloyd said:

Nice pics lads lived in Caithness for 7 years good few rabbits about 10 years ago not like the numbers in the dales tho .now very poor numbers up there evan the islands don't have the numbers now glad I got there and made most of it for a wile

You think theres more rabbits in the dales than there was up in caithness mate?I used to ferret around Malham and the numbers were nowhere near what we used to get up in Dornoch or golspie or further north.