Cometa

I've somehow become the owner of a Cometa 300 (the one with built in mod I think, or maybe a barrel weight) complete with a Nikko Sterling 3-9x50 scope. Both are in decent condition.

I know the scope isn't up to much, but does anyone know about these guns? Are they worth tinkering with or should I keep it for propping the shed door open?

Ta. 

35 minutes ago, walshie said:

I've somehow become the owner of a Cometa 300 (the one with built in mod I think, or maybe a barrel weight) complete with a Nikko Sterling 3-9x50 scope. Both are in decent condition.

I know the scope isn't up to much, but does anyone know about these guns? Are they worth tinkering with or should I keep it for propping the shed door open?

Ta. 

. 177   or  . 22? 

Put a paper target up, take 20 paces and shoot a 10 shot group and see how you get on, then put up the pic up of your results with the pic of the gun ?

... Or it didn't happen ?

Dave the plinker ??

• Haha 3
7 minutes ago, liP said:

. 177   or  . 22? 

Put a paper target up, take 20 paces and shoot a 10 shot group and see how you get on, then put up the pic up of your results with the pic of the gun ?

... Or it didn't happen ?

Dave the plinker ??

Steve the plonker.

Yeah, I COULD do that. :feck:

5 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

Can you put up a picture of it Dave?

I'd probably put a couple of hundred of pellets through it to get a feel for it and see what it's doing, then give it a strip and relube.

I've got some decent moly here if you want it :thumbs:

Strip? Relube? Moly? I'll try to take a pic tomorrow if I remember/can be arsed. 

2 minutes ago, liP said:

It came up Dave the plonker til I changed it, and I just knew you was going to write that too lol 

Get them pics up tomorrow ya pinking poof  ??

Steve 

The only problem with shooting targets and putting the results up is I'd feel I'm turning into....well... YOU. :laugh:

8 minutes ago, walshie said:

Steve the plonker.

Yeah, I COULD do that. :feck:

Strip? Relube? Moly? I'll try to take a pic tomorrow if I remember/can be arsed. 

Yes - strip the rifle down, clean up all of the bits and, give it all a proper relube with some molybdenum disulphide grease - it often helps to improve the shot cycle with a springer.

3 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

Yes - strip the rifle down, clean up all of the bits and, give it all a proper relube with some molybdenum disulphide grease - it often helps to improve the shot cycle with a springer.

Do what now?

10 minutes ago, walshie said:

Do what now?

I'll admit, it's a little bit of pissing about but, if you like to tinker with things it's actually quite therapeutic and, the results can be quite satisfying.

Your Cometa is probably a good one to have a go at.

......... Just wait until we start on about polishing the trigger sears :laugh:

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Jonjon79 said:

I'll admit, it's a little bit of pissing about but, if you like to tinker with things it's actually quite therapeutic and, the results can be quite satisfying.

Your Cometa is probably a good one to have a go at.

......... Just wait until we start on about polishing the trigger sears :laugh:

Wait for him to knock a pin out of trigger and twaaannnggggg his everywhere ????

Edited by flynndog
  • Haha 1

I had a cometa 400 a few years ago not a bad gun to be honest  nice walnut stock shot as good as any other springer with me behind it like my old school report as a kid ... Could do better ?

Edited by flynndog