A duo of coneys

After a right bloody hailstorm this morning i donned me boots and jacket and had a wander in the sun on a nice little paddock perm with the 99.

Loads of bunnies about but very skittish today for some reason.

1st one popped out of the brambles at 45 yards and i clean missed him coz i completely forgot windage.

2nd appeared about 15 minutes later at 33 yards so bang on zero and over he went.

3rd was across the paddock at 47 yards so at 9x zoom, a gnats whisker over 1 mildot with a slight correction for windage and over he went too.

This 99 hasnt missed a beat yet, its just me whos the dopey bugger and forgets the windage??

20190122_151609.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, si brown said:

Your like a binge Hunter Matt ...

go cold turkey for a few months then go mad for it :)

that top rabbits a proper money shot?

Get that stock striped and stick your stamp on it, think it looks ace with that mod on! 

Yes i think im going to give it a similar treatment to the 97 you showed me pal??

?? and yes, i seem to shoot like i drink.....Fcuk all or all at once ??

• Haha 2

You have to love the 99,s! Yes I know there is the gauling issue, but other than that....

Here's my two, one in each flavour.

The one in the cs stock is just waiting to have the foresight ramps taken down, and then the beautiful slimtech style reflex barrel weight made by one of my very talented mates, can go on.

This will I hope you agree make a great looking handy rifle.

IMG_20190123_165836.jpg

• Like 4
14 minutes ago, mole trapper said:

You have to love the 99,s! Yes I know there is the gauling issue, but other than that....

The one in the cs stock is just waiting to have the foresight ramps taken down, and then the beautiful slimtech style reflex barrel weight made by one of my very talented mates, can go on.

IMG_20190123_165836.jpg

Both look lovely pal??

Yes Si sorted this one out before sending it over to me so no gauling to worry about.

Youd think weihrauch would address this problem by now pal as so many people know about it?

1 hour ago, mattwhite said:

Both look lovely pal??

Yes Si sorted this one out before sending it over to me so no gauling to worry about.

Youd think weihrauch would address this problem by now pal as so many people know about it

They did but still didn't work 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, mole trapper said:

IMG_20190123_165836.jpg

Aesthetics are just that, in honesty most of us like nice things (in our perception), but frankly, making a rifle look nice has little or nothing to do with it's performance, and performance it the ONLY really important measure of a good rifle.

Looks good though!  :thumbs:

Edited by Deker
  • Like 1