Ferreting with kids

Had a nice few hours ferreting again with the kids. My little lad learnt a very important lesson don't put your hand near the ferret when it's grabbing a bunny or you will get your finger bitten!! 

One of the regulars on here is going to come out with me to help me get the numbers down but unfortunately he had to work. I'm taking him out for a day or two of rabbiting and in return he is going to teach me a few more things about kayaking am looking forward to it, hopefully he will be able to come next time I go.

Had quite a few bunnies with young uns they seem to breed all year round now.

The best part was I let my daughter do a set all on her own out in the open, she got 15 and I tried to film it on my phone but it's a nightmare keeping phone still and i gave her a hand making sure bunnies were despatched properly and it's hard to film, think it would be easier with a third person. Can anyone tell me if you can upload a 7 min video on a post on here or would it be too large a file as am well proud of her she really got stuck in 

Wilbs

IMG-20190121-WA0000.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Cheers for the replies lads am a bit crap with posting videos etc. Don't really take pics when I'm out unless I take the kids. The video is a bit all over the shop I nearly smashed my phone as kept cutting off and going back to start. Managed to get some nice footage of her and it was good to watch.

There is one chap on here who does some brilliant filming I may have to contact him about sorting a day out as i would like a proper video of them with plenty of action. My daughter has a newish iPhone what a load of rubbish that is you can't even pause your video. If anyone has any tips they would be very much appreciated. 

Cheers pal I let her do a set on her own putting all the nets on,  running long net out and diving on the bunnies. I gave her a hand when a couple bolted at once etc. She's a right strong bugger I've had her out with me from a young age carrying bags of rabbits, long nets etc. One of her old PE teachers said she was a natural athlete I grinned and thought if you knew what it was that was keeping her fit! You can't beat being down the fields in the fresh air 

• Like 2

Good day that mate well done you and the kids, just like what's been said you have to put the vid on youtube then copy and paste the link onto here, if your wanting to do a few vids i'd get a camcorder mate, atb.

Edited by Trev70

Cheers for that Trev70. 

It's hard trying to film when there's kids, dogs, ferrets, rabbits etc about but it's nice to have something that you can watch and look back on when the kids are older.  That's what I like about yours just simple, dog and camera.

Will get my Mrs to look into the YouTube and camcorder thing. Never used to bother with pics and videos as am out quite a lot with dogs etc so it's just an another night but when you have kids you can look back at it and the memories.

• Like 3

Cheers big napper - have shown my kids the comments as some kids get brainwashed by school and the media my kids get the truth and am sure there are probably antis/snowflakes reading this. 

I do rabbiting/pest control and you might laugh at this a couple of people I know who have land/small holdings and like to see rabbits running around and they pop the odd one off for the pot but they haven't seen a bunny in a couple of years and i have helped them to organise repopulating these areas, it is nice to see and i have had a lot of permission from it. You learn to respect the countryside and it's wildlife. Kids from farming families are some of the fittest and healthiest kids about 

That’s what I call a proper day out mate. 

Best way to film on the IPhone is to do little short clips of about 1 - 2 minutes. 

Get a YouTube channel and add the vids to the channel. Then Post links on here. 

Cheers for the replies vin and TOMO.

Was supposed to be taking kids out again today for a days ferreting but too breezy and sometimes bunnies seem a bit more reluctant to bolt when it's really windy.

Nipped to see Moocher71 off here and picked up one of the ferrets he needed rehoming to one of my mates who is a decent family man and will give it a good home. We had a good chat and i gave him a big bag of bunnies for his dogs/ferrets as a thank you.

• Like 1