Hi lads, just after a bit of advice here, ok, so I have been trout fishing for a good few years, its always been a long held desire of mine to fish for sea trout, every year is the same, I say to myself IM  going to do it this year, and always end up doing something else, well this year I am determined to have a bash, so lads my question is.... where can I find some fishing, (I know Wales is an option) but I was thinking my own county of Yorkshire, I dont mind paying, and I dont mind a bit of a drive, any advice would be most welcome lads, cheers.

Sorry I,m not in Yorkshire, but recon it will be the same anywhere, I have a huge tidal river outside my house and about 8 mile up the road there is a large weir were it meets the fresh water, this weir is in an industrial estate, but you can go through it and cast off the wall, the sea trout sit there waiting for the rain or a high tide to take them up over the weir, it’s free fishing almost out the car window and a dozen sea trout a night on spinners is  possible ???

• Like 4

Wales still has amazing big sea trout fishing. I think Ireland still does as well , but some of the Irish lads will be able to confirm.

Scotlands sea trout have declined massively in recent years with the problems of Salmon farms and sea lice. 

They are great sport though. 

IMG_0542.PNG

IMG_3872.JPG

IMG_4062.JPG

• Like 1
On 21/01/2019 at 22:38, charlie caller said:

Hi lads, just after a bit of advice here, ok, so I have been trout fishing for a good few years, its always been a long held desire of mine to fish for sea trout, every year is the same, I say to myself IM  going to do it this year, and always end up doing something else, well this year I am determined to have a bash, so lads my question is.... where can I find some fishing, (I know Wales is an option) but I was thinking my own county of Yorkshire, I dont mind paying, and I dont mind a bit of a drive, any advice would be most welcome lads, cheers.

In Yorkshire it’s got to be the Esk or if you fancy a punt the [BANNED TEXT].......I know of one or two on the [BANNED TEXT] where fish have been taken.  The Swale aswell, both have runs now.....get out and give it a go, you might get lucky...how you going to be fishing for them ?

22 hours ago, greenshank1 said:

Wales still has amazing big sea trout fishing. I think Ireland still does as well , but some of the Irish lads will be able to confirm.

Scotlands sea trout have declined massively in recent years with the problems of Salmon farms and sea lice. 

They are great sport though. 

IMG_0542.PNG

IMG_3872.JPG

IMG_4062.JPG

Yes mate very healthy sea trout fishing here in Northern Ireland had a fair few myself

1 hour ago, bell said:

In Yorkshire it’s got to be the Esk or if you fancy a punt the [BANNED TEXT].......I know of one or two on the [BANNED TEXT] where fish have been taken.  The Swale aswell, both have runs now.....get out and give it a go, you might get lucky...how you going to be fishing for them ?

Would like to fish for them on the fly preferably matey.

• Like 1