8 hours ago, foxdropper said:

What ,am I the only one that  gives them treats  when  they come out when called .

I also used to give treats,  now my dog's smell the treats and they just come running? i don't have to give them the treat no more,  the smell is good enough???? give it a little time foxdropper and you won't have to anymore either??

• Haha 1

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody does that as it would be illegal. Pest Foxes would need to be dealt with humanely. Moving live animals would leave Terriermen open to accusations of cruelty and baiting and can only be done und

I think some of you boys are taking the  "reward" the wrong way, I'm pretty sure the original poster meant the carcass as the "reward". It does no harm what so ever, I've had plenty that won't to

Well put Rob, the best digging dogs I’ve seen had little or no interest in a dead fox. And some of the shittiest, cowardly dogs I’ve seen would rag one like it’s life depended on it. Edited to ad

Posted Images

2 hours ago, king said:

What like a few pink bonbons or maybe yellow 1s would be better as the dog could see them in the dark.

NO BONBONS!  you will ruin the dog!  There to addicting and that's all the dog will think about?? i have found Oreos work pretty good.  Just enough to get them out but not enough to make them addicts???? i made that mistake with the bonbon never again?

• Haha 2

All ways like to give the dog a rag back in the day where's the harm as long as it's dispatched first.
Not so important once there going but no reason not too. This was back in the early eighties when we had a bit more freedom and weren't forced to recycle ffs :lol:

16752196741_8bcee57958_o.jpg.aec9292a0d1a0f9c4854574c01d48284.jpg

Even now with the ferrets when they start. This was the jills first day out but rarely bother once they are going.

50397931_630230200769633_5731905521783406592_n.jpg.b109f3542d9d34e8d92e8d0aacce2c37.jpg

• Like 2

juat elaberating for the brainless I meant carcass at the end of a dig not a treat? I always kill due to all my permission being on keepers areas, but was just wondering if the dog would lose interest if constantly letting go, asking for a mate?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 21/01/2019 at 14:21, Apache... said:

The way I do things is all the ragging and rewarding are done in the first year then after that it's dig to my dog open up and pull them out as soon as, no rag or reward in and out.

I just give mine a biscuit.

• Haha 1
On 27/01/2019 at 15:32, BIG TRG said:

juat elaberating for the brainless I meant carcass at the end of a dig not a treat? I always kill due to all my permission being on keepers areas, but was just wondering if the dog would lose interest if constantly letting go, asking for a mate?

the last terrier i had you would need to throw a full packet of custard creams down the earth for the fecker to go to ground.no doubt he would eat them all and still walk out.

• Haha 4
14 hours ago, king said:

the last terrier i had you would need to throw a full packet of custard creams down the earth for the fecker to go to ground.no doubt he would eat them all and still walk out.

If your terriers were as shite as your patter I’m surprised they even go down for the biscuits, clown 

• Haha 3

To much to young will ruin any young dog some lads give them a look at the end of dig some prefer ta bring them out and let them see whats going on they usually find there own way after that its up to themselvs whether they have the heart to stay it.

• Like 2
18 hours ago, king said:

Can't really blame them can you,  we're talking custard creams,  I might walk for those!  Hahahaha, 

• BIG TRG changed the title to I