Another decent session + bonus

Another decent session on the feeder this morning.  These 3 squirrels make 30 in about 2 months and bagged the pigeon just as I was packing up.   

Before the session I zeroed on the top right target so I knew the AA S510 & .177 H+N FTT combo were bang on.

atb,,

Dave.

20190120_121030.jpg

20190120_121041.jpg

20181118_113827.jpg

• Like 13

Great outing there Dave. Assuming that’s ya name like ? 

Those groups are bang on. There’s something purculair with the perspective though. A .177 pellet makes a bigger hole than that on paper comparing it to a tree rats noggin. Is the target set back a bit?

top notch shooting none the less mukka.

• Like 1

Cheers lads :-)

Rez - the ragged hole on the paper target is 5 pellets and I did click windage a couple a times to the right between the shots to get them more central so it might had been tighter had I not done that.  However the group is good enough compared to a squirrels head as you can see on the picture.   The black targets are Shoot-N-C 1" discs and the group is under a 5p piece which is the yard stick.  My feeder is set at 20 metres which is close enough to ensure humane head shots but far enough away not to spook the squirrels as I line up on them.

The other shots was me the previous week at 35 metres with a stiff left to right wind that kept gusting so it shows how the wind will push a .177 pellet.   Yesterday there was no wind and it showed  :-)

Hi Mole Trapper.  I have spinners which are good but wanted the precision Shoot-N-C targets give for added confidence.  So it was just a case of putting a screw into the feeder then hanging the pellet trap on it.  The pellet trap is obviously a good way of presenting the targets plus it stops the pellet damaging the feeder/tree etc.  Once zero has been established then I simply remove the pellet trap but I could equally leave it up as I doubt I would bother the squirrels - lol.

Also the picture gives an interesting comparison between the zero target and the kill zone on the squirrels head.

Cheers,

Dave.

• Thanks 1

Hi Mole Trapper - yes very similar especially the armouring using bead board and the lid thats fits over the top - I like it  ?    

I might add a lip around the feed shelf like yours to save waste.

I use a fence panel security bracket for where the feed come out like this -  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-Fence-post-clamp-Security-bracket-Anti-Rattle-Fence-Panel-Security-Free-Post/283339181401?hash=item41f854cd59:g:MEsAAOSwd0BVwdfs:rk:6:pf:0

Cheers,

Dave.

p.s.  I also catch moles when not on the squirrels    lol 

• Thanks 1