Young already.

Hello lads

was out for a days ferreting today with the brother Started of pretty slow as the day progressed it got no better. We had to wrap up early was ferreting quite a well established Warren. When the young started bolting in and out. Has any one else had any young yet. Seasons seem to be getting shorter and shorter as the years pass 

I was getting pregnant does (early stages) just after Christmas but last few weeks I haven’t had any pregnant ones. I think they have been absorbing them as the weather has got cold, I catch one today though that was very very milky so must have been nursing young but haven’t bolted any babies yet. I was bolting youngsters in November still though which I think is very late. 

Been seeing young rabbits since end Nov ,they breeding all year now .lets hope numbers pick up .

no doubt we see young about and think they coming back then mixy will hit them again .

more badgers on my land than coney ,and haven't seen many foxs about .

22 hours ago, Baretta28 said:

I agree with the rabbit numbers aren’t as great as what they use to be and we do need them to breed. but just abit gutting season is coming to a end sooner than I wanted

if I stopped ferreting when I see young I don't think I'd get out .i was seeing young 2 or 3 month old in Dec and dug few nests out early Jan .

ferreting changed from when I started 35 yr ago .