Blood moon tomorrow morning

Heard a howling noise at 5.15am and I peeked out through curtains and there was a dire wolf sitting in my driveway staring up at it. It grumbled something that sounded like ( fcuking clouds again ) and then it pissed off back up the road disappointed.

• Haha 1

You lot must need something to do. Getting up at silly o'clock in the freezing cold to look at the moon ! Still I  suppose you werewolves have to celebrate when the opportunity arises.  I did prime the 270 up in case one was out there howling, waking me up. I'd have given him something to howl about. Anyone remember Haleys comet or Hale Bop ?

Edited by Meece
4 hours ago, Meece said:

Anyone remember Haleys comet or Hale Bop ?

Hale Bopp was a good one. I noticed a few of the old Moochers posters stopped posting around that time but they were probably part of the Heaven's Gate cult.

I saw the eclipse last night as it was only nine-ish when we saw it. Very little light polution too so it was a good one. Then it snowed so the sky's been cloudy since.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That's crazy. 1997 ! 21 years ago.  I can remember being out on foot, night shooting and looking up at the two comets. Hale Bop was by far the brightest. To me it looked like an airliner with it's landing lights on in the wing roots. A spear of light through the sky. Towards the end I can remember standing watching Hale bopp and saying to myself that it won't be back for 2388 years. (1997).

The heavens gate cult were another load of nutters that had been brainwashed by some looney tune. Still it stopped them drawing fresh air !

http://home.bt.com/news/on-this-day/march-26-1997-comet-hale-bopp-claims-the-lives-of-39-cult-members-as-it-flies-past-earth-11363970925759

• Thanks 1