Trail Running Pal

Hi Guys, 

Sorry to crash your forum, I am looking for a running buddy and it would seem no one knows dogs like you guys, the role would be jogging buddy, family dog. My dad used to rabbit and owned a lurcher but I have no idea where to start, a bit of googling led me to Hancock's page who is local to me at Brownhills, but I have read some horror stories on here about that place, can someone point me in the right direction for a healthy happy puppy please ?

47 minutes ago, Kilf said:

Hi Guys, 

Sorry to crash your forum, I am looking for a running buddy and it would seem no one knows dogs like you guys, the role would be jogging buddy, family dog. My dad used to rabbit and owned a lurcher but I have no idea where to start, a bit of googling led me to Hancock's page who is local to me at Brownhills, but I have read some horror stories on here about that place, can someone point me in the right direction for a healthy happy puppy please ?

You can tek my feckers jogging wi yer you be fit as a fiddle in no time

• Haha 4
7 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Go to the pound an pick a well behaved even tempered dog , most breeds will be able to outrum you unless ye pick some kc registered monster ?

Couldn't agree more get yourself one from a rehoming place if it's only that you want it for pick the right dog to fit your family then 

There arnt many "breeders" as such just some people breeding crap and some blokes breeding for a pup themselves and sell the rest. Best off putting a thread up asking for up coming litters and see what comes your way from there personally I'd stay away from handcock nothing against the dogs as such more don't agree with peddling pups out like that. Best of luck 

2 hours ago, Kilf said:

Hi Guys, 

Gerra saluki lad that'll  show yer a thing or two bout stamina ?

59 minutes ago, Kilf said:

But could someone please point me in the direction of a breeder, just for options ?

Do you actually want to work the dog or literally just have it run alongside you whilst you jog, as these were specifically bred to run along side, but any healthy dog would be happy with that job 

9993AB0A-2900-4587-99FA-9EA2BD7A6CC0.jpeg

Believe me or not one of the fellas I walk the mountains with had a Husky and the guys that fit he burnt the dog out? shit you not, he just came first in the night time fan dance ( competition for the sas/elite forces over Brecon Beacons) though so he’s not your ordinary lad lol, all the best with search as previously said I’d try your local dog shelter to see if something suits you and the family ?