Trail Running Pal

14 minutes ago, Teckers said:

Believe me or not one of the fellas I walk the mountains with had a Husky and the guys that fit he burnt the dog out? shit you not, he just came first in the night time fan dance ( competition for the sas/elite forces over Brecon Beacons) though so he’s not your ordinary lad lol, all the best with search as previously said I’d try your local dog shelter to see if something suits you and the family ?

Used to be a fella on a bushcraft forum few year ago kept Siberian’s he lived near there don’t suppose it’s same fella think faff was his username ?? 

1 minute ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Used to be a fella on a bushcraft forum few year ago kept Siberian’s he lived near there don’t suppose it’s same fella think faff was his username ?? 

No mate different fella I think he’s not into hunting he’s just into all sorts of outdoor activity’s unbelievably fit guy fp 

15 minutes ago, Teckers said:

No mate different fella I think he’s not into hunting he’s just into all sorts of outdoor activity’s unbelievably fit guy fp 

This fella wasn’t a Hunter. Like you say more outdoors this was 2006-8 I think ,they had a couple of huskies an bred litter then he just stopped going on there.

14 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

This fella wasn’t a Hunter. Like you say more outdoors this was 2006-8 I think ,they had a couple of huskies an bred litter then he just stopped going on there.

I’ll ask him when I see him next mate possibly could be I know he ain’t got any dogs no more though lol

• Like 1

There’s plenty of good dogs up for rehoming but the main problem is that you never really know what your getting, what issues the dog has and how it’s been treated in the past. Unless your well experienced with dogs, get yourself a pup and bring it up your way. There are many breeds out there that would be good pets and good running partners. Do plenty of research and take your time

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Councilestatekid said:

The collie x that collie John was talking about breeding would be a handy running partner my neighbour fell runs with a couple of collies and they put some fair miles in 

I should have a litter due in around 2 months time, they will be very collie saturated with a touch of greyhound in them.

• Like 2

Could not agree more with Katchum. I do not see the point in not rehoming a dog when you are not getting one for work. 

Unless your gifted a pup it is cheaper to take a dog from a dogs home. Anyone will tell you puppies are a lot of work - you can choose any age in a pound. Loads of well mannered dogs in homes who have just had the shit end of the stick. When taking a dog from a dogs home your helping more than just one dog. They take in millions of stray, abused and lost dogs, you’re making room for others. The homes try to match you with the best suited dog for your needs and they are all screened by a vet etc. Makes way more sense to get a rescue. 

• Like 3
20 hours ago, Kilf said:

Hi Guys, 

Sorry to crash your forum, I am looking for a running buddy and it would seem no one knows dogs like you guys, the role would be jogging buddy, family dog. My dad used to rabbit and owned a lurcher but I have no idea where to start, a bit of googling led me to Hancock's page who is local to me at Brownhills, but I have read some horror stories on here about that place, can someone point me in the right direction for a healthy happy puppy please ?

You ain’t got to have a lurcher most breeds of dogs will keep with you. Dutch shepherds are supposed to be a great jogging companion and they would even possibly protect the house as well. Just make sure that what ever you get is stock broken.  If you get a lurcher and it’s got plenty of natural drive to hunt then it could f**k off on a scent and sometimes you can spend f***ing hours looking for the dog because it’s f****d off chasing something in the opisite direction to the route your taking. I’ve known it happen on a few occasions