fred90

thin on the ground

the poles do seem long to me. I have my pegs 26 inches & some consider that long. 

Jist slide ye rubber grommet up toward the end a Pole throw top line round pole few times till taught then slide grommet down to desired length, jist under knee height for me 

• Like 1

On 20/01/2019 at 16:21, W. Katchum said:

I refused to use a quick set for a long time but after me nets were pinched the guy I ferret with got a quick set, used it few times an must admit for the ferreting job it’s great, I still like the traditional net tho an the fact it’s so versatile, but likes been said if you ain’t willing to listen  an learn then ye won’t get better, it’s thay simple an no matter. How good ye think ye are with the webs, somebody somewhere will teach ye summat 😁

A fella called Abraham Stanley took me under is wing when I was a boy and he would talk about old days befor mixy when large numbers were taken with webs and wands.quick set wasn't about in them days ,and he had a saying "if it's not broken don't try fix it "

he would have two fifty yard nets on pins that were placed in a old donkey jacket ,he made a pocket each side for his nets and a quiver for pegs .

he tryd to show me how to knit nets but I never did get hang of it.he showed me how to dub game cocks ,set snares .traps .

i miss abe ,he sadly passed away far to early .he loved anything todo with rabbiting,fishing,juckels and game cocks .he had a heart attack when he was collecting some baby ferret kits .

we are always learning new and better ways .

atb

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Jist slide ye rubber grommet up toward the end a Pole throw top line round pole few times till taught then slide grommet down to desired length, jist under knee height for me 

Can see that working 👍