A weekend on Crows and pigeons

27 minutes ago, David.evans said:

And i thought the lads from the north were hard ( pussys )LOL

ATB?

Not when I’ve been struck down with this debilitating illness ? Im receiving no sympathy as I’m told IT’S A COLD, GET A GRIP OF YOURSELF, she knows nowt ☹️

Edited by Stavross
  • Haha 2

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shame about that crow, I could of spent my winnings on lemsip and beachams and maybe I wouldn’t be sat here feeling sorry for myself ?

I have been told "sympathy lives in the dictionary between shit n syphallis " look it up some time such is my caring wife,s approach to "manflu" .Scientists have proved it exists ,but woman are soo cy

I’ve been ask by the farmer on my permission if I can take a few crows and pigeons of his freshly drilled fields. Even offered me £5 a crow up to 10 crows so he can hang them in the fields. Guess

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Not when I’ve been struck down with this debilitating illness ? Im receiving no sympathy as I’m told IT’S A COLD, GET A GRIP OF YOURSELF, she knows nowt ☹️

aka... hangover? bet the flu bug went weeks ago... classic case of over medicating!!

as for sympathy blokes never get it:laugh:

• Haha 2
33 minutes ago, si brown said:

aka... hangover? bet the flu bug went weeks ago... classic case of over medicating!!

as for sympathy blokes never get it:laugh:

Bloody hell has my wife set up a fake profile on here to troll me, is that you Jac ???? she always blames the booze and said something very similar this morning ?

• Haha 2
  • 3 weeks later...

I shoot a fair number of crows every year and found the best method is to put a hide up a couple of days before shooting as they are very smart with keen eye sight so full camo as you do in the photo and they will be used to the hide. I  normally do this, shoot then leave it for two of three days, then back on them.

It works for me and in some places we have set up permanent hides using old army tank netting and always use 10 full body decoys in flocked finish which are way better than hard plastic and shell deeks.

Phil

• Like 3
21 minutes ago, philpot said:

I shoot a fair number of crows every year and found the best method is to put a hide up a couple of days before shooting as they are very smart with keen eye sight so full camo as you do in the photo and they will be used to the hide. I  normally do this, shoot then leave it for two of three days, then back on them.

It works for me and in some places we have set up permanent hides using old army tank netting and always use 10 full body decoys in flocked finish which are way better than hard plastic and shell deeks.

Phil

Read something before saying about leaving the hide. Might give this a go next weekend. Will see if I can get the hide set up on Friday. Crows are certainly not stupid that’s for sure.

Edited by Longshanx
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Baldcoot said:

Sound advice from Phil,crows aint dumb if something is new they are very weary of it ,and the flocked deeks over shiny any day 

Definitely flocked decoys, I haven’t got full body as of yet, but have 6 flocked shells 

Might even try an empty McDonald’s bag with a few left over fries, crows seem to love McDonalds ?

Edited by Longshanx
11 minutes ago, Longshanx said:

Read something before saying about leaving the hide. Might give this a go next weekend. Will see if I can get the hide set up on Friday. Crows are certainly not stupid that’s for sure.

Possibly my old post. If you are able to leave the hide up for a week or longer, try it but I should have said you need to use guy ropes to ensure the wind doesn't pull it apart.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, philpot said:

Enforcer decoys produce a bouncer pigeon which is so good, we no longer use Flappers or magnets and are about to launch a set of crow deeks which my pal has on order so we will see what they are like.

Phil

You’ll have to let us know how they go

Well today was a better day, 12 shots taken, 3 pigeon and a crow. 

Had plenty coming in but me being me missed and sometimes just a bit slow of the mark. 

I've left the hide up for tomorrow and took the advice of philpot by putting guide ropes on it. Good job I did as its been a windy today and the ropes done just the job of keeping my hide in place. 

All in all a nice day to have been out. 

Lets hope I can  bag a few more tomorrow?

• Like 1