A weekend on Crows and pigeons

I’ve been ask by the farmer on my permission if I can take a few crows and pigeons of his freshly drilled fields. Even offered me £5 a crow up to 10 crows so he can hang them in the fields.

Guess what,  not one fecking crow, those black bar stewards are as crafty as the come?. Hope they know they are costing me money?

Not had time to catch there habits so it’s been guess work today. By the end of the day I have noticed a slight flightline.

Also there is a shed load of pigeons and found their flight line. Only managed to bag 3 today as I was losing light but hopefully tomorrow will be better, now I know we’re they are coming and going. Got Stavross as a second gun tomorrow so hopefully it will be more productive.

A5EC8EC4-170F-4E0C-A029-2F21B6ADB27C.jpeg

• Like 3

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shame about that crow, I could of spent my winnings on lemsip and beachams and maybe I wouldn’t be sat here feeling sorry for myself ?

I have been told "sympathy lives in the dictionary between shit n syphallis " look it up some time such is my caring wife,s approach to "manflu" .Scientists have proved it exists ,but woman are soo cy

I’ve been ask by the farmer on my permission if I can take a few crows and pigeons of his freshly drilled fields. Even offered me £5 a crow up to 10 crows so he can hang them in the fields. Guess

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Stavross said:

JESUS?, did you take your pray mat with you to go with that head gear ?, let hope there’s a bit of wind in the morning to stir things up a bit because it’s a bit still at the minute ?

I think I should have the amount I missed?

• Like 1
5 hours ago, David.evans said:

If your not sure of a flight line mate stick a rabbit out upside down with its guts out 

that will bring them in and a few decoys around it 

Atb 

Unfortunately Dave I didn’t have any rabbits to put out but will make sure I bag one and give that a try next time???

Had to call it an early day today, seeing as the weather was good and not much wind the farmer decided to start spraying his fields.

Fook me that stuff gets the back of your throat. He apologized for cutting us short and he appreciates us coming up, but I said “at the end of the day you've got a job to so don’t worry about it”.

Had a few pigeons but unfortunately they  landed in the trees in another farm. Stavross back ended a crow but again went over the trees? 

You missed out on a £5 bounty there mate?.

Might be worth while paying a visit to the adjoining farm especially as that is the main flightline for the pigeons? and Ben the farmer says he’s ok so maybe worth a shot ( no pun intended )

Edited by Longshanx

Get some white eggs say half a dozen and smash up up in crowsville ,put a dead or Plastic decoy by them so it looks as he,s feeding and sit under a net .They,l come nosey greedy gits and if you shoot 1 the others will go mad and mobb the corpse giving u a chance at another.But then remove the bodys and have a brew ,give it 20 mins theyl be back atb 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Baldcoot said:

Get some white eggs say half a dozen and smash up up in crowsville ,put a dead or Plastic decoy by them so it looks as he,s feeding and sit under a net .They,l come nosey greedy gits and if you shoot 1 the others will go mad and mobb the corpse giving u a chance at another.But then remove the bodys and have a brew ,give it 20 mins theyl be back atb 

Thanks Iain all advice is appreciated to get these crafty gets. I knew where they were feeding at one point but the farmer has just drilled 100 acres so they are all over the shop and dont have time during the day to get their habits 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Longshanx said:

Had to call it an early day today, seeing as the weather was good and not much wind the farmer decided to start spraying his fields.

Fook me that stuff gets the back of your throat. He apologized for cutting us short and he appreciates us coming up, but I said “at the end of the day you've got a job to so don’t worry about it”.

Had a few pigeons but unfortunately they  landed in the trees in another farm. Stavross back ended a crow but again went over the trees? 

You missed out on a £5 bounty there mate?.

Might be worth while paying a visit to the adjoining farm especially as that is the main flightline for the pigeons? and Ben the farmer says he’s ok so maybe worth a shot ( no pun intended )

Shame about that crow, I could of spent my winnings on lemsip and beachams and maybe I wouldn’t be sat here feeling sorry for myself ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On the day n nightnurse here ,work in a factory full of disease ridden bums hackin,coughing and sneezing germs over door handles ,tables and chairs ,bring back the cat o nine tails i say and a man with bell sayin UNCLEAN :laugh:

• Haha 2
12 hours ago, Stavross said:

As soon as I got home I was straight on the Vicks First Defense so hopefully won’t catch your lurgy?

Hot Toddy with a Beecham in it works wonders mate?

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Stavross said:

I’ve gone for the half a pint of whiskey ? approach before bed and I think it might be working 

Next time I see you you’ll have a big red nose and it won’t be from the cold??

Edited by Longshanx
  • Haha 1