Lightningse se .177

Depends on where it was made pal in my opinion.

I had one about 20 years ago that shot lovely and also a new one i bought in about 2012 that would have been more use as a cricket bat. I couldnt get the bugger to group with any pellets at all so i bought a 2nd hand tx and problem immediately solved.

Bsa were no help at all and as good as told me it was me that couldnt shoot it properly so i spat my dummy out and swapped it pal.

Another mate of mine had the same issue with a new se so he fitted theoban gas ram in it and its improved but not perfect. Maybe weve been unlucky but i personally would chuck another £70 at it and get a hw99s ?

• Like 5

Got it to put me on its a plain stocked one think an older model . It's mint like new chronic it at 10.6 in .177 gave 100 for it in the end it's just to get me out the house and into shooting again after having to sell up.

IMG_20190119_201302.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
32 minutes ago, villaman said:

You here good and bad things said about them ,  more bad though 

Just buy HW99 

Didn't have the money to get one and needed to get something to get out it'll put me on til I can get another lgu 100 quid with bag as 6 tins of pellets so not too bad i think it's an older model to be honest

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Rez said:

That is a bangin little rifle that. When I see these lightning posts I think of the mk2 models. The mk1 ones where real smart. Is it in good nick? 

Yeah you'd think it was new shoots........ well it shoots like a springer should of done back then I suppose hahaa . No it shoots well to be honest I've half zeroed it in the garden in the dark about 27 yard out the back and hitting a can with top facing me so bit of better zero in the morning and I'm away ? I probably won't keep it but it's something to use and build up to another lgu or s200 

Edited by flynndog
14 hours ago, mattwhite said:

Depends on where it was made pal in my opinion.

I had one about 20 years ago that shot lovely and also a new one i bought in about 2012 that would have been more use as a cricket bat. I couldnt get the bugger to group with any pellets at all so i bought a 2nd hand tx and problem immediately solved.

Bsa were no help at all and as good as told me it was me that couldnt shoot it properly so i spat my dummy out and swapped it pal.

Another mate of mine had the same issue with a new se so he fitted theoban gas ram in it and its improved but not perfect. Maybe weve been unlucky but i personally would chuck another £70 at it and get a hw99s ?

Reminds me of the blurb that comes with Weihrauch guns, which says something along the lines of 'If your pellets are not hitting the target, then you are pointing the rifle in the wrong direction.' Which in the case of my 97, is perfectly true.

• Like 1