Sign in to follow this  
bigmac 97kt

HUNTING WITH CLASSIC AIR RIFLES

I found myself invoved in a bit of Old School air-gunning today.

I was in the middle of checking a few squirrel cages in a customer's garden when a call came from farmer . Half a dozen feral pigeons were doing what pigeons do ,all over things they shouldn't  be doing what pigeons do over .

I could have nipped home for something more professional-looking but decided to make do with  the squirrel dispatch tool I already had in the van . Namely a 48 year old Relum with iron sights. 

It turned out there were six hardcore offenders . In a sort of OK Corral ( should that be Coorral? I'll get my coat.) face-off I dropped four into the dust and one onto a barn roof. Number six did an Ike Clanton and escaped. 

Only one of the shots was  over 25 yards so I claim no great skill but it was liberating not to have to worry about denting stocks, knocking scopes or charging cylinders .

Only four pigeons in the picture. Number five is still on the roof.

20191119_134147.jpg.5af54dd8a5c01380afc378001fcffc07.jpg

Edited by comanche
  • Like 11

On 19/11/2019 at 19:36, comanche said:

I found myself invoved in a bit of Old School air-gunning today.

I was in the middle of checking a few squirrel cages in a customer's garden when a call came from farmer . Half a dozen feral pigeons were doing what pigeons do ,all over things they shouldn't  be doing what pigeons do over .

I could have nipped home for something more professional-looking but decided to make do with  the squirrel dispatch tool I already had in the van . Namely a 48 year old Relum with iron sights. 

It turned out there were six hardcore offenders . In a sort of OK Corral ( should that be Coorral? I'll get my coat.) face-off I dropped four into the dust and one onto a barn roof. Number six did an Ike Clanton and escaped. 

Only one of the shots was  over 25 yards so I claim no great skill but it was liberating not to have to worry about denting stocks, knocking scopes or charging cylinders .

Only four pigeons in the picture. Number five is still on the roof.

20191119_134147.jpg.5af54dd8a5c01380afc378001fcffc07.jpg

Brilliant👍

22 hours ago, mark williams said:

Love it Jim. :good:

atb. Mark.

Cheers Mark, here it is again...............just for you😁

D0D0BC2D-7368-458C-A93D-59DF60F9AC1C.jpeg

• Like 2

Please more stories here - I love this thread. Let’s get some springers on here again!

On 02/12/2019 at 21:03, Bryan said:

HW80 in .22 with a V Mach tunning kit

DSC04633.JPG

0A615CBC-91A1-46A4-893E-E43C6AC5AFC4.jpeg.294bbf8d49b1e4758a2ff7cf13dfc143.jpg

1F5BC366-AEA8-4212-97CE-C4E5F76EA673.jpeg.c5831f802f19850f617b851dcd32c887.jpg

Superb!

• Like 1