HUNTING WITH CLASSIC AIR RIFLES

I found myself invoved in a bit of Old School air-gunning today.

I was in the middle of checking a few squirrel cages in a customer's garden when a call came from farmer . Half a dozen feral pigeons were doing what pigeons do ,all over things they shouldn't  be doing what pigeons do over .

I could have nipped home for something more professional-looking but decided to make do with  the squirrel dispatch tool I already had in the van . Namely a 48 year old Relum with iron sights. 

It turned out there were six hardcore offenders . In a sort of OK Corral ( should that be Coorral? I'll get my coat.) face-off I dropped four into the dust and one onto a barn roof. Number six did an Ike Clanton and escaped. 

Only one of the shots was  over 25 yards so I claim no great skill but it was liberating not to have to worry about denting stocks, knocking scopes or charging cylinders .

Only four pigeons in the picture. Number five is still on the roof.

20191119_134147.jpg.5af54dd8a5c01380afc378001fcffc07.jpg

Edited by comanche
  • Like 14

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I found myself invoved in a bit of Old School air-gunning today.          I was in the middle of checking a few squirrel cages in a customer's garden when a call came from farmer . Half a dozen f

Late to the conversation but here’s my tuppence worth. HW80 in .20 bought in ‘96 with Lazaglide action by Venom and GinB stock

Maybe not quite "Hunting with a Classic Air rifle" but there isn't  a section for hunting with a 51 year old  Relum that l bought new with £10's worth of my school dinner money?

Posted Images

On 19/11/2019 at 19:36, comanche said:

I found myself invoved in a bit of Old School air-gunning today.

I was in the middle of checking a few squirrel cages in a customer's garden when a call came from farmer . Half a dozen feral pigeons were doing what pigeons do ,all over things they shouldn't  be doing what pigeons do over .

I could have nipped home for something more professional-looking but decided to make do with  the squirrel dispatch tool I already had in the van . Namely a 48 year old Relum with iron sights. 

It turned out there were six hardcore offenders . In a sort of OK Corral ( should that be Coorral? I'll get my coat.) face-off I dropped four into the dust and one onto a barn roof. Number six did an Ike Clanton and escaped. 

Only one of the shots was  over 25 yards so I claim no great skill but it was liberating not to have to worry about denting stocks, knocking scopes or charging cylinders .

Only four pigeons in the picture. Number five is still on the roof.

20191119_134147.jpg.5af54dd8a5c01380afc378001fcffc07.jpg

Brilliant?

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...