Another foreigner over here?

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New pup from Spain, hoping it does as well as the older one has?   

One boy and his Galgo. 

Posted Images

56 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Don't think anyone is saying your wrong or unsporting single or double doesn't make it more or less sporting. I've killed plenty of hares from a kick up or self find with a beddie hybrid but it was hunting not coursing.

A decent coursing dog should be able to run a hare with decent law and have a hope of success. Giving the hare the best chance to be its best is what makes a hunt sporting ?

Even when it's a few mates out for a bit of sport the law is still decent in Spain. 

To imply that he that runs hares with a single dog only kicks them up is a FECKING OUTRAGE  

I'm so disappointed 

21 minutes ago, Black neck said:

To imply that he that runs hares with a single dog only kicks them up is a FECKING OUTRAGE  

I'm so disappointed 

I think people need to chill their beans. Gonna be a long summer ?

1 hour ago, Black neck said:

I'm so disappointed 

I implied nothing of the sort. I was discussing coursing, or at least what I consider coursing. I have no idea how he runs his dog's each to their own. 

Edited by sandymere
6 minutes ago, two crows said:

just watched that last clip you put up sandy not bad, but them lads is noisy buggers.

Onlookers yap? but most Galgos run quiet. They have a decent success rate for what they are, re experience. They seem to like a good run over there but also like a dog that catches in the end. Edit to add I watch with sound turned down the music on most is to much for me. 

Edited by sandymere
7 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Onlookers yap? but most Galgos run quiet. They have a decent success rate for what they are, re experience. They seem to like a good run over there but also like a dog that catches in the end. Edit to add I watch with sound turned down the music on most is to much for me. 

I meant the blokes not the dogs lol.

2 minutes ago, John 123 said:

Bad days when you have to google stuff I thought you where an expert 

At least he spells correctly, DIMWIT. Now f**k off before you spoil another thread

• Haha 1

if a fully matured dogs not capable of catching its quarry on its own,then it's not worth feeding imo,i wouldn't dream of dropping 2 or 3 terriers to ground to do a job....

same goes for a runner.....1 against 1 is sporting ?

2 or more to do the job should be  culls .

22 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

if a fully matured dogs not capable of catching its quarry on its own,then it's not worth feeding imo,i wouldn't dream of dropping 2 or 3 terriers to ground to do a job....

same goes for a runner.....1 against 1 is sporting ?

2 or more to do the job should be  culls .

It's not about capability with competitive coursing but about dogs competing against each other. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, sandymere said:

It's not about capability with competitive coursing but about dogs competing against each other. 

ive never had an interest in coursing pal......other than starting a young runner off with an experienced dog on big stuff and teeth....I expect a dog to be capable of the task that's asked of it......if not it goes to [BANNED TEXT] with a use for its other talents after it's been spayed....or goes in the ground....

that way then I can sleep sound at night...and ain't adding to the rest of the dreamers and their shit.just how I do things, I will give a dog plenty of chances,but it comes a time you have to admit......you can't polish a turd??

If the task is to be matched in a coursing comp then that's the task ?. The training and conditioning to get the dog ready, the years of breeding to get the type is where the real winner is found. I'm not interested in terriers but it's the choice of many who put their efforts into their dogs so must have something so I reckon each to their own.