Another foreigner over here?

8 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Well that's gratitude for ya 

I see it as a trap lol Muslim mate I got has 19 dogs in Pakistan  and his dad had a dozen. On some of them boar  running vids but I  have a healthy  mistrust , can you imagine laying in bed surrounded by biting insects having the shits and getting woken up by his great uncle who wants me me to try on an orange jump suit ?? 

Edited by green lurchers
  • Haha 1

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New pup from Spain, hoping it does as well as the older one has?   

One boy and his Galgo. 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

I see it as a trap lol Muslim mate I got has 19 dogs in Pakistan  and his dad had a dozen. On some of them boat running vids but I  have a healthy  mistrust , can you imagine laying in bed surrounded by biting insects having the shits and getting woken up by his great uncle who wants me me to try on an orange jump suit ?? 

That's a very bigoted view my friend my relatives would welcome you wi open arms

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Black neck said:

That's a very bigoted view my friend my relatives would welcome you wi open arms

Just my take on it not bigoted by any means , from what he’s showed me were on the opp end of the scale but he’s a good lad none the less 

Edited by green lurchers
13 hours ago, green lurchers said:

Fundimental difference Spain and Portugal will run under rules the same as the Greeks and Romans done same as we used to when respect for quarry was the done thing . Eons back when they set the rules for sport not killing    How long has killing gone on for ? Except in the Mid East where all they know is killing  on all levels  pretty sure they not got sport in ther dictionary , if running a hare till it’s heart implodes is your thing then killing is your game. Sport has gone on for many years giving healthy respect for quarry was set in stone yrs ago  “the truest of sportsmen “ was written by Greek and Roman philosophers not some  cnt from the Norfolk who wants to earn a few quid 

there are plenty on here not interested in sport, the argentina thread is very sport orientated, but to be fair people keep having a dig at single handed coursing, but if carried out as it should be it is the most pure of sports, the only true test of a coursing dogs skill is to be able to catch its hare on its own, now don't compare that, with idiots slipping doubled up or running kickups in ploughs or snow or driving land and chucking dogs out the window, and a lack of respect for prey does not extend to the humble rabbit when bolted to dogs, no start there, or catching squatters whilst blinding them with a light, but then that's pest control I suppose not sport.

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, two crows said:

there are plenty on here not interested in sport, the argentina thread is very sport orientated, but to be fair people keep having a dig at single handed coursing, but if carried out as it should be it is the most pure of sports, the only true test of a coursing dogs skill is to be able to catch its hare on its own, now don't compare that, with idiots slipping doubled up or running kickups in ploughs or snow or driving land and chucking dogs out the window, and a lack of respect for prey does not extend to the humble rabbit when bolted to dogs, no start there, or catching squatters whilst blinding them with a light, but then that's pest control I suppose not sport.

Hares dont go 10 yards and down another hole tho but I agree must have respect for stuff 

2 hours ago, two crows said:

You can’t change or reinvent hundreds of yrs of tradition in the sport of coursing  , a test between two dogs ,  with rules set out and respect for the hare and wishing it’s escape is a sign of a true sportsman in the words of Arrian ,,  it’s not possible to have your purest of sports if you set out to kill the hare.with no rules Which is why it’s called killing , 

Edited by green lurchers
1 hour ago, green lurchers said:

You can’t change or reinvent hundreds of yrs of tradition in the sport of coursing  , a test between two dogs ,  with rules set out and respect for the hare and wishing it’s escape is a sign of a true sportsman in the words of Arrian ,,  it’s not possible to have your purest of sports if you set out to kill the hare.with no rules Which is why it’s called killing , 

why is that right, and I am wrong for hunting an animal on its own ground with one dog, why am I not a sportsman for that.

1 hour ago, two crows said:

why is that right, and I am wrong for hunting an animal on its own ground with one dog, why am I not a sportsman for that.

I dont see the point in running anything if you dont want to kill it that said if you seen my dogs perform you would think that the aim was not to kill ote 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, two crows said:

Don't think anyone is saying your wrong or unsporting single or double doesn't make it more or less sporting. I've killed plenty of hares from a kick up or self find with a beddie hybrid but it was hunting not coursing.

A decent coursing dog should be able to run a hare with decent law and have a hope of success. Giving the hare the best chance to be its best is what makes a hunt sporting ?

Even when it's a few mates out for a bit of sport the law is still decent in Spain. 

13 minutes ago, Black neck said:

I dont see the point in running anything if you dont want to kill it that said if you seen my dogs perform you would think that the aim was not to kill ote 

the object of every fieldsport bar course fishing is to catch and kill something, or shoot and kill something, yet for a hares somehow its different, and you a cnut if you want to catch it.

7 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Don't think anyone is saying your wrong or unsporting single or double doesn't make it more or less sporting. I've killed plenty of hares from a kick up or self find with a beddie hybrid but it was hunting not coursing.

A decent coursing dog should be able to run a hare with decent law and have a hope of success. Giving the hare the best chance to be its best is what makes a hunt sporting ?

Even when it's a few mates out for a bit of sport the law is still decent in Spain. 

I think if it were still legal here fair law would be given under rules as always, and I am sure there are lads out there that don't bother to much either when not in a comp, this don't bother me, its the constant snipeing at coursing lads by certain individuals, tarring every one with the same brush I am and always have been the most sporting of men, in every thing I do, even if I have never in your eyes coursed a hare.

15 minutes ago, two crows said:

the object of every fieldsport bar course fishing is to catch and kill something, or shoot and kill something, yet for a hares somehow its different, and you a cnut if you want to catch it.

No just that there's a difference between hunting and coursing. Hunting Is about catching coursing is about testing a dog, neither is right or wrong. I prefer my dogs to get their quarry and usually hunt, ie lamping but also like to test my dogs when the advantage is reduced by giving the hare time to get its feet under it. 

Edited by sandymere