Another foreigner over here?

2 minutes ago, white van man said:

My old man is over in Spain working. The local hunt meet each week with various hounds and running dogs. They head into the hills hunting hare he thinks. I’m going to try get a day with them the next time I go and visit. 

Nice racey animals them Sandymere. Would be good to see them running up on the open moor. ?

I was told on hunting days you might see the full village turn up .and most dogs are trencher fed and belong to several locals but kenneld togever .

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New pup from Spain, hoping it does as well as the older one has?   

One boy and his Galgo. 

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

I was told on hunting days you might see the full village turn up .and most dogs are trencher fed and belong to several locals but kenneld togever .

Seems so. He seen them this morning. They met at a local restaurant and the lady filled up their flasks and sent them on their way. He said there were about 40 or so people with the hounds. 

On 19/01/2019 at 10:06, Moocher71 said:

That's Podencos?

Edited by sandymere
  • Like 2
9 hours ago, white van man said:

My old man is over in Spain working. The local hunt meet each week with various hounds and running dogs. They head into the hills hunting hare he thinks. I’m going to try get a day with them the next time I go and visit. 

Nice racey animals them Sandymere. Would be good to see them running up on the open moor. ?

Cheers?

The Podenco gun pack's look something, makes you wonder how many dogs get shot! 

10 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Fair play sandy, I hope you have success with your dogs. At least you're not relying on 'names'  to reap any rewards ?

that's a smart pup sandy hope its a gooden , with regards to names our traditional coursing stock has a real deapth of breeding behind it you cant avoid names to tell how there bred, it will be no different with galgo peds in spain im'e sure.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, two crows said:

that's a smart pup sandy hope its a gooden , with regards to names our traditional coursing stock has a real deapth of breeding behind it you cant avoid names to tell how there bred, it will be no different with galgo peds in spain im'e sure.

I don't know how far back british or spanish coursing dogs go t c. But I would think the spanish dogs would be be the more original, if not better?

1 hour ago, shaaark said:

Fair play sandy, I hope you have success with your dogs. At least you're not relying on 'names'  to reap any rewards ?

never understood the issue with names, its no different with any dogs galgos or whatever. you can either say you've got a whip or say its down off Sooty Sam and people have more of an idea, even Hancock has named studs and peds lol

7 hours ago, shaaark said:

I don't know how far back british or spanish coursing dogs go t c. But I would think the spanish dogs would be be the more original, if not better?

don't know weather there better or not, they certainly been around longer, but that means nothing, look at all the terrier breeds in this country all bred by working men to do a job, and they will of used the best dogs to best bitches, and their names to describe how they were bred as I am sure the arrab's did with saluki's.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, two crows said:

Cheers Two Crows. She is a nicely made pup but but beuty is as beuty does, hopefully she lives up to her potential. 

Edited by sandymere
  • Like 1