Another foreigner over here?

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New pup from Spain, hoping it does as well as the older one has?   

One boy and his Galgo. 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, flynndog said:

Bonny pup. galgo ? How they run on our quarry over here what they like single handed like we'd run coursing dogs I've only seen videos and seemed like a free for all lol

My adult does OK Flynn, hence getting another ?

Bit of a free for all in South America but strictly to rule organised coursing in Spain. The everyday meets etc are a mixed bag much like here just much, much bigger. 

• Like 3

Wouldn't mind seeing one run over here I've liked the look of em a few years but don't know anyone that's had one a lad I used to course with got a couple of them little borzoi x whippets or silken windhound they call em now lol 21" and can do it's job on decent land too but think it's a one off to be honest they're show dogs at the end of the day. 

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Coursing mad 24 said:

I’ve watched em run a few times in Madrid on organises days the ground very hard dry and hare had good 100 yards slips . They run like greyhounds just with more wind . Handy dogs if from the good ones tab with pup 

Yes have a bit of wind Coursing mad, the pup has some staying blood so hopefully will inherit it?

• Like 1
10 hours ago, sandymere said:

No I prefer to run closer to home?

I went to look at a kennel of Ibizan hounds few years ago on Mallorca.they was also 4 galgo kenneld ,they was all in great shape and for any dog to run that ground they must have good feet .

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

Do you go over to Spain to meets .

My old man is over in Spain working. The local hunt meet each week with various hounds and running dogs. They head into the hills hunting hare he thinks. I’m going to try get a day with them the next time I go and visit. 

Nice racey animals them Sandymere. Would be good to see them running up on the open moor. ?

• Like 1