243 granted

If you like the gun/make then why change, I have T3 Lite in .223 and T3 Hunter in .243 (the Hunter has better balance from the off than the Lite).  My .308 is a Rem700 stainless.

In honesty they ALL perform exceptionally well and no complaints on that front, but I just prefer the Tikkas!

Edited by Deker
  • Like 2

To me 243 is a cross over calibre, a one rifle do all. If you already have a 223 why not go for something a bit bigger and arguably more appropriate as a dedicated deer calibre?

Someone will have a f***ing breakdown now because I have suggested a different calibre. :laugh: Sorry :icon_redface:

Edited by Born Hunter
Edit: I just read the title 'granted' so never mind. LOL
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
10 hours ago, David.evans said:

Hi lads 

I've got the tikkat3x in 223 and thinking about the same in 243 for  deer 

i know that there's a few different makes out there but is this the right choice .?

regarding weight accuracy and of course cost any suggestions on this 

atb 

It’s all down to preference and what you like mate, everyone is different. My mate has a tikka he loves it and it’s very accurate but I don’t like the feel of them. My .243 is a browning X bolt under £1000 band new with a S&B 8x56 on the top, very accurate and I love it. I shoot muntjac and roe, If I was shooting bigger deer species on a regular basis I would go for a bigger calibre. As BH says the .243 is a great all rounder and I use it for day time foxing and for blasting magpies and crowd but if shooting bigger deer I think I would get a .308 

Have fun gun shopping!! 

• Like 1

Do it do It ,have a .308/243/ and .22r/f they all do a Job as Deker says and a nice 105 gr .243 will deal with a lot of Deer and Mr Reynards issues too and can go to Wee Jimmie Krankies land too if your guilt trip the Mrs atb

• Thanks 1
On 18/01/2019 at 09:09, Born Hunter said:

To me 243 is a cross over calibre, a one rifle do all. If you already have a 223 why not go for something a bit bigger and arguably more appropriate as a dedicated deer calibre?

Someone will have a f***ing breakdown now because I have suggested a different calibre. :laugh: Sorry :icon_redface:

This especially on the suggestion point. :D

I have 2 friends who have done exactly this. One bought a Sako in .30-06. The other bought a Remington 700 in .308. Both love their rifles. As for brand, it comes down to personal preference but if you already love the Tikka, as said above, why change. Neither of my friends would swap their respective rifles for anything else, either brand or calibre wise. 

• Like 1