Working Whippets

are you looking for a pure :kc: or a no ped ,

I like the bwra dogs ,Dave slight might b a good starting place ,I know he still involved in raceing them in Yorkshire .and I'm sure plenty lads on here will no more than me .i hope you find what u looking for .atb

13 minutes ago, vfr400boy said:

I found it hard to find a genuine working Whippet, went to look at loads of litters in the end i managed to find a genuine bloke down in Essex and waited for a litter to come up 

didn't you try the well known named breeders? 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, vfr400boy said:

Like who ? I rung a fair few litters and people saying how good a worker the Bitch is etc then when I asked the age of the bitch they said 20 months! Must of worked well as a pup ha 

I meant kennel names. rabbit runner, lynperry. penny meadow. etc

Don’t rush into anything, keep looking and be prepared to travel for the right one. I have an 18 month old whippet (pedxnonped) and I have to say I am very happy with him, as a ferreting dog he is spot on. I just keep looking and ringing about litters till I found someone that answered the questions with answers I liked ??. Plenty of good working whippets out there. 

• Like 1

Just get a show bred one, with decent lines in it’s heritage, I’d be surprised if it didn’t work. Mine was off top end show stock and he ended up been a good a working whippet you’d could get your hands on.

It would be harder to find a whippet that didn’t work as apposed to did work. 

• Like 1