Buying land.

Your looking at silly money mate, be very lucky to find anywhere under 10k an acre, depending on where and what you want, I don’t think it’s the pikeys pushing the price so much as the equestrian world.

edited to add, if you want rural, run down, and very cheap, look at France, I considered it but the french are not really to my taste ?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Rabid said:

Your looking at silly money mate, be very lucky to find anywhere under 10k an acre, depending on where and what you want, I don’t think it’s the pikeys pushing the price so much as the equestrian world.

edited to add, if you want rural, run down, and very cheap, look at France, I considered it but the french are not really to my taste ?

Far north of Scotland is quite cheap.

I brought my smallholding, 4 acres about 13-14 years ago for 24k just extended our mortgage for it

It’s was just a grass paddock

ive turned it into a lovely holding with woodland, orchards, veg and fruit patches caravan and my pallet palace as the wife calls it ?

A bloke 2 years ago offered me 120k for it, I turned him down because it’s my place now my escape and I want my kids to have it when I’m gone

he brought 2 acres a couple miles from me for 90k

its mad round here now, not far from Oxford 

• Like 2

Just been with a mate just outside Guildford to look at a plot of land 0.8 of an acre for £120k dirt track of 100+ yards leading up to it,no chance of getting planning permission on it whatsoever I shouldn't think.

• Like 2

I wouldn't advise pigs pal my mate paid 48grand for 2 fields about 5-6 acres had 2 sows 1 bore they churned it up in weeks a real mess plus the male pigglets arnt worth anything.the sows don't go for much either they make loads of noise and stink.the last 2 sows went market and made £32 for the pair 

2 hours ago, sid g said:

fookin hard work  them allotments -- I found morrisons works for me for what bit of veg we need  work ya nuts off and give most of it away ..

Many moons ago as a young single man I would regularly go for a shine around the golf course behind my house after work for a few bunny,s then cut through the allotments on my way home, never make a mess or be greedy but a couple of spuds from one row a few carrots from another an onion and a bit of anything else in season then back home to put the stew on, never found it hard work at all, apart from jumping over the gate ???

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Some years ago the Allotments at Hougton on the Hill were being robbed on a weekly basis , I  thought it spiteful and nasty at the time and though I lived nearby and was often given vedge  in exchange for Rabbits or birds it was none of my business , one Friday night they were caught in the act , two Men and a Woman and they came out with a pack of lies denying the lot the older off the two men said anyway what are you old b*****ds going to do about  it , What happened next was they were all barred from every Pub, Shop, and business in the village and all those old b*****ds made their lives a misery until the day they left ..