Council has nothing better to do...

As has been said good intentions. However it would leave them open to others arguing Thier case about stuff that may look unsightly. Tree houses and other junk being erected.

Despite what some think you can't just go doing whatever you want and expect not to be challenged.

Why not go see you're local councillor and argue you're case. Who knows they might compromise and give you permission somewhere else. 

Beat of luck

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks for all the comments/advice/replies and support... I have spoken to numerous professionals and associations etc about my situation, to cut things short, although my intentions are for the

It’s twigs sticks and moss ffs you bunch of girls all things you would find in the woods anyway he,s just rearranged them to suit the animals a bit more, no wonder were all f****d over constantly with

My God there's some sheep on here all rollover on yer backs for the council this is why the country is fucke d everyone rolls over and let's them control of everyone pulled together see be stronger an

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Deker said:

I'm not following this but unless you have permission you have no right to erect or make anything on a Nature Reserve, the Council (or any owner) can't possibly let anyone who wants to just come on and start building their own creations!

Why didn't you get permission?

I'm sure your actions were well intentioned but I regret to say I see the Councils point of view!

3 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

I'm sure your a decent person. I'm sure your creation is well intentioned but you can't just build stuff on private land. 

We have lots of rough bits of ground around us. Some owned by council some by a water board, they are often then managed by different groups...but often you get some mad old bint who decides to become caretaker and guardian and they just become a pain in the arse. Feeding vermin, building health and safety risks (most people don't care but landowners are legally responsible) and trying to police anyone who does anything in the area. Not saying that's you just what I have seen happen. 

Maybe go beating, become friendly with the local keepers and ask if you can assist with some conservation work 

3 hours ago, mackay said:

Your hearts in the right place and you have good intentions but the council can't allow you to roll up and build a feeding station. Opens the door to all sorts of well intentioned private projects.

The above covers it. Although you are well intentioned, if you were to come in / on my land / garden I  would be well hacked off and I would remove and dispose of it all as a matter of principle. At least they have given you the option to remove the stuff. Still it will give you the ability  to set the stuff up on  your own land. ?

29 minutes ago, Meece said:

The above covers it. Although you are well intentioned, if you were to come in / on my land / garden I  would be well hacked off and I would remove and dispose of it all as a matter of principle. At least they have given you the option to remove the stuff. Still it will give you the ability  to set the stuff up on  your own land. ?

No it does,nt cover it at all, challenge the council and ignore the great advice given here by a bunch of fanny,s, it would cost more to move it all than just start again, but that still does not mean you have to bend down and take it up the arse just because the big bully from the council told you to, you have done a selfless act to enhance the area for everyone else’s pleasure and should be praised for it not run off with your tail between your legs like some of these lot here, go through a proper appeal process and use social media to gain momentum and support, if we never challenged things we,d still be living in caves, thinking we would fall off the edge of the earth if we went to far, ???

Oh and meece he never done it on your land or garden so no need for that angry frank moment, he’s piled some sticks and stones up and put a bit of moss on it in the woods not built a tower block without planning permission,  ✌️

Edited by Greyman
  • Like 4
2 minutes ago, Greyman said:

No it does,nt cover it at all, challenge the council and ignore the great advice given here by a bunch of fanny,s, it would cost more to move it all than just start again, but that still does not mean you have to bend down and take it up the arse just because the big bully from the council told you to, you have done a selfless act to enhance the area for everyone else’s pleasure and should be praised for it not run off with your tail between your legs like some of these lot here, go through a proper appeal process and use social media to gain momentum and support, if we never challenged things we,d still be living in caves, thinking we would fall off the edge of the earth if we went to far, ???

No one is saying don’t challenge it, nor has it been mentioned he should run off, I think the general consensus is he has done a good thing, but gone about it in the wrong way.

Get the council on side, I think it’s a great idea, but you can’t just go round building shit on land you don’t own as you feel like it, can’t even do what you like on land you do own for that matter.

If someone did similiar on my land it would be ripped down out of principle, if they approached me and asked if they could do it not only would I likely say yes, but I would most likely give them as much help as they needed.

• Like 4

I was told I was harming the trees with bird boxes lol still put 20 odd up.75% success rate .I had watched my local dene deteriate over a number of years  and approached the council with no positive response so I thought if your not bothered   I will get stuck in and do YOUR job for you .members of the public applauded the work and some became involved . And in the end we shamed the council for letting it get so bad  and they now pick up any rubbish we leave on roadside from flytippers

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Rabid said:

No one is saying don’t challenge it, nor has it been mentioned he should run off, I think the general consensus is he has done a good thing, but gone about it in the wrong way.

Get the council on side, I think it’s a great idea, but you can’t just go round building shit on land you don’t own as you feel like it, can’t even do what you like on land you do own for that matter.

If someone did similiar on my land it would be ripped down out of principle, if they approached me and asked if they could do it not only would I likely say yes, but I would most likely give them as much help as they needed.

If the gypo,s turned up and fly tipped everywhere left shit and nappy,s hanging in the trees they would get a council house and a taxi to take the kids to school with no complaints zandi has rearranged a few items that would be found in the woods naturally to suit wildlife and enhance it for everyone, it has been suggested he should take it down and move it onto land he has permission, which to me is running away, as a council tax payer just the fact they have wasted my money sending him a letter to harass him boils my piss, and listening to people telling him to do as he,s told and if you done it on my land type of shite just adds to the ?until they are forced to listen they will just carry on bullying him and the only thing that will make them listen is thinking they have pissed enough folk off to loose votes, which is why he needs public support through social media first before challenging them head on, these are not decent people willing to listen to common sense, just little hitlers that spent there school years with there pants pulled over there heads being bullied themselves,  think there may be a few here on the payroll reading some of the reply,s ?

• Like 2

Typical response from you greyman. Fanny's cause we don't happen to agree with you're thinking.

You completely ignoring the points made no one is saying his idea is bad. .

But if they ignored him then some other c**t comes along and says "well he got to do it"

I've seen some nice places and spots ruined by f***ing horrendous builds and thrown up shit.

Fortunately they were ripped down as they didn't go through the proper channel's.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, scothunter said:

Typical response from you greyman. Fanny's cause we don't happen to agree with you're thinking.

You completely ignoring the points made no one is saying his idea is bad. .

But if they ignored him then some other c**t comes along and says "well he got to do it"

I've seen some nice places and spots ruined by f***ing horrendous builds and thrown up shit.

Fortunately they were ripped down as they didn't go through the proper channel's.

Typical response, you fanny, he,s moved some f***ing sticks not thrown up an horrendous build, what proper channels do you need to go through to move sticks and why can’t I be pissed off over council wasting my money over this while turning a blind eye to the worlds shisters turning garden sheds into houses and living ten to a room in places like Grenville towers or building tent encampments in parks, but hey maybe I should just do as I,m told like you hey ?

• Like 2

Go full Packham... You're clearly better at it than the council. Contact the papers with reams of your excellent photographs and explain that you're far more effective than the local bureaucrats.

What's the worse that can happen?

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Just imagine if he put a trail cam up as well, there would be nowhere safe for the poor bloke ???

Not to mention he'll get a damn good look at who is sniffing around too. Makes you wonder how they found him.

• Like 1

My God there's some sheep on here all rollover on yer backs for the council this is why the country is fucke d everyone rolls over and let's them control of everyone pulled together see be stronger and have more of a say. Look at what we pay in taxes and what gets done to benefit us.... NOTHING. Look at fuel prices all it takes is everyone to not use a car for a week they'd soon put prices down look at the state of a lot of council ground most of it gets left the man's tried doing something the council should be doing anyway I personally dont see a problem with what he's done its not cost the council a penny they have got all their priorities wrong. Putting money where it's not needed.

Edited by flynndog
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1