life below zero

17 minutes ago, Ted Newgent said:

What you fishing for?

That lake is mainly trout but it has smallmouth bass and wipers in it too. The rainbows put up a decent scrap too and the lake covers about 2500 acres so there's some decent sized fish in it.

• Like 1

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What you fishing for? we only have perch pike and walleye here check this bugger out, caught on lake winnipeg

Never marry a woman with a bar-code tattooed on her chin ?

What time is it on  +2 Tomo?

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

That lake is mainly trout but it has smallmouth bass and wipers in it too. The rainbows put up a decent scrap too and the lake covers about 2500 acres so there's some decent sized fish in it.

Nice variety of fish you can catch there

decent size lake also

1 hour ago, Rabid said:

Yeah I get all that, and obviously I look at things a lot different here, but even when I saw her break a rifle, she got a new one and after some ‘practise’ she got two rounds into a 2ft square and they were well happy with it ?

I suppose if my life relied on it I wouldn’t be so concerned about wounding. 

The replacement rifle was the sniper version with the PU scope and don't forget the temperature is probably  -20c or lower and windy, long range and running target. You don't shoot, you don't get and if you don't get, you and your kids starve !!  most people try to get minute accuracy but the type of game animal that they hunt is that big that the 2ft area shot is good enough. I like to get 5 shots on a 50p piece but any old stovepipe is good enough to put a round into the engine room of a caribou or Mouse. at the end of the day they are just harvesting. those old Moisin Nagants are a very strong well built gun which uses the powerful Russian 7.62 x 54 R cartridge which is similar to a 308. probably millions of them held up in military stocks throughout the world.  It ain't like fox shooting. Ps. they are so cheap and robust that they work in those conditions and if you break the gun coming off of a skid or drop it in the salt water river or sea it ain't such a big loss 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosin–Nagant

and the cartridge.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7.62×54mmR

Edited by Meece
  • Like 3
7 minutes ago, Ted Newgent said:

Nice variety of fish you can catch there

decent size lake also

Yeah there's some decent fishing to be had. A little further north we can get specimen pike. A little further south and there's some largemouth bass and catfish too.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Meece said:

The replacement rifle was the sniper version with the PU scope and don't forget the temperature is probably  -20c or lower and windy, long range and running target. You don't shoot, you don't get and if you don't get, you and your kids starve !!  most people try to get minute accuracy but the type of game animal that they hunt is that big that the 2ft area shot is good enough. I like to get 5 shots on a 50p piece but any old stovepipe is good enough to put a round into the engine room of a caribou or Mouse. at the end of the day they are just harvesting. those old Moisin Nagants are a very strong well built gun which uses the powerful Russian 7.62 x 54 R cartridge which is similar to a 308. probably millions of them held up in military stocks throughout the world.  It ain't like fox shooting. Ps. they are so cheap and robust that they work in those conditions and if you break the gun coming off of a skid or drop it in the salt water river or sea it ain't such a big loss 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosin–Nagant

and the cartridge.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7.62×54mmR

makes sense...cheers for that meece

11 hours ago, Blackbriar said:

LBZ has got all same old, same old so I don't watch it much these days. Chip is a total tw4t, Sue's conversation consist entirely of cliques and Andy is just a bad tempered old got ! (How did his wife put up with him for so long ?)

Always liked watching Glenn, though. He's the only one who seems to genuinely enjoy his life, and shows an almost childlike enthusiasm for everything !

That Andy bloke is also a compulsive shed builder dam fine carpenter with old school skills but just how much more time can you waste clearing land and putting up more sheds so you have more room to build a bigger shed to put all your equipment in so you can make another shed and so on, his misses must just look out the window with her head in her hands waiting for him to  ask for a hand moving his latest shed , because he just barks at her the whole time ????

11 hours ago, mackem said:

I phoned a mate in Canada earlier,it was -26 with windchill when he was on his way to work,you cant function efficiently for a prolonged period outdoors in that shit.

No such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing, (billy Connolly) ✌️

• Like 1