quietest action

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Daystates are so quiet because most don't work  

well I think it's quiet that's all that really matters to me, just voicing my opinion I know it's not a 2 grand supergun but it'll do me bsasuperten

buy a second hand one, it'll be cheaper than new.. just as good and youll be putting your money back into our economy ?

7 minutes ago, philpot said:

The amount of overseas companies owning or making most of the parts for English companies does make that statement just a touch out of the window, very honourable on your part but not that realistic.

Phil

who owns air arms now Phil?!

the bloke in my local shop said they had sold the business but cant remember who he said too!!:wallbash:

4 minutes ago, si brown said:

who owns air arms now Phil?!

the bloke in my local shop said they had sold the business but cant remember who he said too!!:wallbash:

Not sure So but I remember reading about the many parts made abroad. Bet they don't make the barrel any more.

Phil

1 hour ago, mark williams said:

I know i`ve mentioned the HW 100`s but when you think about it, no matter the air gun because the large CRACK ! when a pellet strikes the brain box and the surrounding vermin scatters kind of cancels things out ?

Just a thought :rolleyes: :hmm:

atb  Mark.

Either I have a nasty ear infection this last month or I have tinnitus hence wanting a quiet action. Not too bothered about the down range noise. 

42 minutes ago, flynndog said:

German over British engineering think the Germans have the advantage there to be honest and to be fair you'll be paying an English company for bringing them in to the country ?

English will only be getting a small percentage as wholesalers work on tight margins

This is why china has go so rich in recent years and the UK has been getting poorer and poorer.

We are buying way to much made overseas

At least assembly of some products are in the UK which means local people get paid to assemble even if parts come from all over and the company is foreign owned.

Edited by tench
14 hours ago, tench said:

Either I have a nasty ear infection this last month or I have tinnitus hence wanting a quiet action. Not too bothered about the down range noise. 

I have tinnitus in my right ear. I'm right handed and shoot right handed. The 110 is practically silent to me lol. But when I bought it and started shooting it, even my son said 'f**k me, that's quiet'! Lol

• Like 1
2 hours ago, shaaark said:

I have tinnitus in my right ear. I'm right handed and shoot right handed. The 110 is practically silent to me lol. But when I bought it and started shooting it, even my son said 'f**k me, that's quiet'! Lol

just about anything sets it off at the moment. i brought some crazy larger ear defends the other week that make me look well crazy?

i have in both ears but still hear the mrs and kids when they want something?

i'll just have to get down the workshop and make one ? or use a catapult ?

• Haha 1
On 19/01/2019 at 14:26, tench said:

just about anything sets it off at the moment. i brought some crazy larger ear defends the other week that make me look well crazy?

i have in both ears but still hear the mrs and kids when they want something?

i'll just have to get down the workshop and make one ? or use a catapult ?

I have it CONSTANTLY in my right ear, and sometimes, say every 3 or 4 days, it shifts to the left ear as well, but only for a few minutes. Anyway, I digress lol. 

The HW110 is quiet as f**k, and if my fcuking shoulder heals up in the next few weeks, I'll be looking at getting another, or the 110k ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, shaaark said:

I have it CONSTANTLY in my right ear, and sometimes, say every 3 or 4 days, it shifts to the left ear as well, but only for a few minutes. Anyway, I digress lol. 

The HW110 is quiet as f**k, and if my fcuking shoulder heals up in the next few weeks, I'll be looking at getting another, or the 110k ?

i think mines from power tools and powder burning. also due to gunk in the middle ear doc says. hopefully i'll be able to use my fac air again. otherwise might look at one of those brocock compatto sub 12fpes if the hammer does not make too much noise. 

the slightest noise or vibration sets it off in both ears at the moment and makes the ringing louder.  oh well lifes a bitch. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, tench said:

i think mines from power tools and powder burning. also due to gunk in the middle ear doc says. hopefully i'll be able to use my fac air again. otherwise might look at one of those brocock compatto sub 12fpes if the hammer does not make too much noise. 

the slightest noise or vibration sets it off in both ears at the moment and makes the ringing louder.  oh well lifes a bitch. 

Yeah, it's a b*****d of a thing to try to overcome. I'm a wood machinist, well, was, so used all types of saw you'd find in a woodmill. But always used ear defenders/protectors, so never had any problems. Then fell and suffered a very bad head injury 19 years ago, and that's where my tinnitus came from. Had all sorts of therapy etc for it, nothing works. Have just had to learn to live with it. Hope you can find some relief for it ?

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Yeah, it's a b*****d of a thing to try to overcome. I'm a wood machinist, well, was, so used all types of saw you'd find in a woodmill. But always used ear defenders/protectors, so never had any problems. Then fell and suffered a very bad head injury 19 years ago, and that's where my tinnitus came from. Had all sorts of therapy etc for it, nothing works. Have just had to learn to live with it. Hope you can find some relief for it ?

cheers shaaark

having health and doing what I wanna do is more important than lots of money too me.

i read even the recoil from years of shotgun shooting can set it off, so if you had a head impact it might be a noise OR vibration problem

this guy i know says he can tune it out cause he had 2 loud sisters ?

Edited by tench
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, tench said:

cheers shaaark

having health and doing what I wanna do is more important than lots of money too me.

i read even the recoil from years of shotgun shooting can set it off

this guy i know says he can tune it out cause he had 2 loud sisters ?

You know what, the quieter the surroundings, the louder it seems! Pretty contradictory really when I need a few hours of peace and quiet out in the fields etc! Lol ?

• Like 1