Fox cubs an badgers

4 minutes ago, howdeeposxxt said:

I caught one in the coop this morning 4.30 ish Luckily only one hen dead. The fairest out come was an eye for an eye. A dog I might ad in great nick. My thinking is he is trying to feed cubs or vixen to be so brave to pass the kennels.  To early for cubs to be eating already maybe but maybe not nature is a mystery.

They have no fear of dogs in kennels or on chains and a problem fox will take fowl at any time of year never underestimate them.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's not old brick causing a drop in the fox population it's rifle lads shooting them week In week out,foxes have one litter a year how can any animal stand such relentless persecution, there to stupi

every little rabbit hole  by me been dug out by brock,struggled to bolt many rabbits for my pup so far.....every place I've checked with the terriers been empty, found and hit a few foxes out of cover

I think lads are confusing low fox numbers with not finding them to ground. There’s loads of fox out there but they’re not going to ground because we haven’t had a winter, I’ve never known a milder dr

Posted Images

over the years i've seen signs of fox eating badger cubs and badgers eating fox cubs , found half eaten badger cubs, at fox earths to small to of been roadkill and only a few years ago i was keeping an eye on a litter of 5 fox cubs , when they were about 7 weeks old, a badger dug into the earth at least two died as i found them turned inside out on the spoil heap the rest may of got away , found allsorts at  fox earths kittens seagulls polecats stoats mink even a foals head at one , meat is meat  any predator that finds the young of another unguarded is going to feast   

Edited by Glyn.....
  • Like 5
2 hours ago, howdeeposxxt said:

I caught one in the coop this morning 4.30 ish Luckily only one hen dead. The fairest out come was an eye for an eye. A dog I might ad in great nick. My thinking is he is trying to feed cubs or vixen to be so brave to pass the kennels.  To early for cubs to be eating already maybe but maybe not nature is a mystery.

This time 2 winters ago we had a well grown litter that was well born before xmas,so not to early at all mate..

• Like 1
On ‎16‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 11:58, Pirate 9000 said:

It's not old brick causing a drop in the fox population it's rifle lads shooting them week In week out,foxes have one litter a year how can any animal stand such relentless persecution, there to stupid to understand their going to ruin their own sport not that I would call sport by shooting foxes that can't even tell you are there, thermal night vision.

Lads going out lamping early in the season killing 12 to 14 a night its gonna be hard to find em every night like that .The lads I know just beating cover flat out its to mild for fox to go to ground only ones there digging is when they put em to ground.