Fox cubs an badgers

Do badgers dig out fox cubs an eat them ? Why I ask is very poor season so fare most earths are dead or ripped out by badgers not finding much on top places what was run to dead with fox are just not the same now anyone else finding less fox about ? 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's not old brick causing a drop in the fox population it's rifle lads shooting them week In week out,foxes have one litter a year how can any animal stand such relentless persecution, there to stupi

every little rabbit hole  by me been dug out by brock,struggled to bolt many rabbits for my pup so far.....every place I've checked with the terriers been empty, found and hit a few foxes out of cover

I think lads are confusing low fox numbers with not finding them to ground. There’s loads of fox out there but they’re not going to ground because we haven’t had a winter, I’ve never known a milder dr

Posted Images

1 hour ago, tank34 said:

Do badgers dig out fox cubs an eat them ? Why I ask is very poor season so fare most earths are dead or ripped out by badgers not finding much on top places what was run to dead with fox are just not the same now anyone else finding less fox about ? 

Been a long time since we’ve had as bad a season. Give up just checking earths at Christmas as it was absolutely pointless.

every little rabbit hole  by me been dug out by brock,struggled to bolt many rabbits for my pup so far.....every place I've checked with the terriers been empty, found and hit a few foxes out of cover early mornings right up until it's been getting dark,been a strange season if I'm honest...glad I've only got the 1 young Russell on,hopefully when the shooting stops I can get round all me good spots?IMG-20190102-WA0000.jpg.d7c208d18e176f5423177a1daeecdc09.jpg

• Like 8

It's not old brick causing a drop in the fox population it's rifle lads shooting them week In week out,foxes have one litter a year how can any animal stand such relentless persecution, there to stupid to understand their going to ruin their own sport not that I would call sport by shooting foxes that can't even tell you are there, thermal night vision.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
36 minutes ago, Pirate 9000 said:

It's not old brick causing a drop in the fox population it's rifle lads shooting them week In week out,foxes have one litter a year how can any animal stand such relentless persecution, there to stupid to understand their going to ruin their own sport not that I would call sport by shooting foxes that can't even tell you are there, thermal night vision.

No rifle boys shoot around my way but about 5 year ago was not many badgers about an new we're they was , then loads popped up tuck over loads of earths ,  rock pile an drains 

1 hour ago, Pirate 9000 said:

Getting hammered year round here. We done five bits of cover at the weekend that nearly always hold a fox or two, nothing. Something is causing a drop in numbers and it definitely isn’t us. 

They don't have to use lamps any more so feel safe shooting of f back lanes at night with no permission ,I run into them at night sometimes totally not expecting some one to be out early hours of morning,mate of mine nearly got shot checking rabbit snares one night and some dick head shot off road gate at a fox and bullet hit hedge just in front of him.

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, dogmandont said:

Getting hammered year round here. We done five bits of cover at the weekend that nearly always hold a fox or two, nothing. Something is causing a drop in numbers and it definitely isn’t us. 

Reckon the lack of rabbits is having a knock on effect? 

• Like 4

The connection with badgers and foxes is real all right .We have had the cull for two years running here and I’ve never seen so many foxes about this year .Finding one to ground is another story though .Loads of empty earths but no one at home .No pads in or out .Very disheartening to tredge  miles with f**k all to show for it .On the lamp however there are plenty .

• Like 3