Trammel Nets

Karachy

Alright lads I'm looking for a bit advice on trammel nets Are they as good as some people say or is it all hype I normally use long nets and stop nets but am thinking of getting a few of these nets Any advice greatly appreciated and also where to buy them plus what lengths are best Thanks

I have used  long nets with ferrets for many years in certain locations and have done very well but if the holes are fairly  open I much prefer purse nets no matter how many holes there are . Some years ago on a long gone Forum there was a pro Rabbit catcher who among many methods used a quick set Trammel system , he spoke so highly off this type of net I thought I may get one and find out myself , it turned out that every  thing that the man had written about his trammels was true and all I can say is that if I was starting out again today as a young man I would use NOTHING ELSE . I bought my Nets of off Nels0n  on this site and they are Top Notch  I think there is another chap on here that makes good quality nets but I am not sure of his name , if you choose to carry on with the trad Net always remember that Bagging kills the Rabbits  and when I see nets that are shown on this and other sites I nearly always think that they do not carry enough Bagging, but that is just my opinion.

DSCF0024_zpsa0926f81.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice lads much appreciated I will pm nelson to see if he can sort me out Also those baskets look top class I'm assuming they came with the net On the subject of using purse nets I find as I normally hunt with bucks I spend half the day putting the nets back up as they are constantly being knocked by the ferrets I would only use purse nets on ground burrows with a small number of holes I also like a bit of sport for the dogs so there's a better chance of a chase with the longnet I appreciate we all have our own way of doing things but that's what makes it interesting and whatever works for you is all that matters Its all about enjoying the day Thanks again lads

26 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

It’s netrigger your thinking off Micky, him an nelson are both proper gents. I have a few of bills(netriggers) trammels an they do what they meant to do? think I only use nets made by Bill these days both purse an trad long net, apart from the QuickSet which come from nelson

Netrigger , that's the Kid.

1 hour ago, W. Katchum said:

It’s netrigger your thinking off Micky, him an nelson are both proper gents. I have a few of bills(netriggers) trammels an they do what they meant to do? think I only use nets made by Bill these days both purse an trad long net, apart from the QuickSet which come from nelson

just had some purse nets from Bill. never been a fan of spun polly prefer 10z nylon. he's done me crossbraid nylon & I must say best I have ever had superb nets top quality ?

this is Nelsons Trammel  , I had just done the sett then chucked the ferrets in alog pile 50 yards away 4 bolted straight away and were caught in a line ,  when I moved up  north the nets were  dropped and I will have to wait till the summer and my hands work and try to untangle them .

DSCF0004_zps9f73dd95.jpg

• Like 1