Hobs in season

Anybody got there ferrets separated yet ?. I was having a look at my new starts 3 jills and a hob and his nuts have dropped none of the jils are showing signs of coming into season yet but i think it wont be long till he figures out what its for and bothering the jills 

Aye im in two minds put the young jills in with the old jills  easier feeding and cleaning but is 12 jills too many for the snipped hob ?  and move the snipped guy  between the two lots of jills ?? Its just i find if he has a few jills he just seems to pump his faveroutie and miss some ??

Had a look at mine today he was in with 2 young Jill's his daughters last years young uns so put him up top hutch himself his balls are down but gonna phone round the vets and get a price for the snip before March when the Jill's come in season ?

I've only got 2 hobs I keep and work them together I've had ferrets for nearly 15 years now and never just had 2 hobs all ways had hobs and jills ( one point nearly 20 lol ) and then in the spring/summer bread or separated them but now I just have 2 hobs no jills on site I did hear say if their no jills about they won't fight is this true as never seen it as always had both sex's

Edited by the lamping ferreter

it depends on the hobs.....there all difrent some will get on some wont....

i have two hobs and one jill....when i take the jill out in another month or two the hobs stay together...but mine get on well....they do sometimes have squabbles ....but there never that bad.....but some hobs will have very bad fights and they need splitting up

• Like 1
6 hours ago, TOMO said:

it depends on the hobs.....there all difrent some will get on some wont....

i have two hobs and one jill....when i take the jill out in another month or two the hobs stay together...but mine get on well....they do sometimes have squabbles ....but there never that bad.....but some hobs will have very bad fights and they need splitting up

Cheers mate can only leave them and see how they go