Dog aggressive to me

22 hours ago, Casso said:

Get the dog used to mouthing your hands, when your kidding round with it , it will learn to soften its jaw , soft jaw can’t bite , bite is an explosion of tension 

I do that mate, this big dog of mine will still.mouth my hands if we play, but no one else's.... right from a pup I encouraged her to mouth my hands and used it for recall would let her walk beside me mouthing my hand then when she went on a bit call her in and let her repeat.... she is soft as butter, and hardly leaves my side, I think this helped our bond a lot...

Obviously loads of advise on here, but in this instance bones and pain = reaction...nothing more in my book...not the dogs fault and easily sorted (Don't repeat lol)....not sure what all the over dramatics are about by some...

Edited by NEWKID
  • Like 7

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I growled and curled me lip when me youngest went for me beans on toast luckily the missus were there and intervened or God knows what might have happened 

Any dog show aggression round me or young there’s only uno option 

How would you like someone dicking about with your manky foot when you're trying to get the nosebag on ?

1 hour ago, NEWKID said:

I do that mate, this big dog of mine will still.mouth my hands if we play, but no one else's.... right from a pup I encouraged her to mouth my hands and used it for recall would let her walk beside me mouthing my hand then when she went on a bit call her in and let her repeat.... she is soft as butter, and hardly leaves my side, I think this helped our bond a lot...

Obviously loads of advise on here, but in this instance bones and pain = reaction...nothing more in my book...not the dogs fault and easily sorted (Don't repeat lol)....not sure what all the over dramatics are about by some...

Mine the same soft as butter mouthing, how ever he  can't resist crunching the first 2 or 3 rabbits then takes them for a tour around the field, which can be a tad annoying when if he had brought them straight back then we could of have caught more.

Plus I'm not getting any numbers here at the moment so I go without my stew, but hey the ferrets get well fed.lol

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Chaff said:

Mine the same soft as butter mouthing, how ever he  can't resist crunching the first 2 or 3 rabbits then takes them for a tour around the field, which can be a tad annoying when if he had brought them straight back then we could of have caught more.

Plus I'm not getting any numbers here at the moment so I go without my stew, but hey the ferrets get well fed.lol

How old is that dog mate

No not tried that, he is faster than mates dog and gets majority of bolters then she trys to take rabbit from him and so it starts...

3 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Yeah the lap of honour is usually a puppy thing 

Have you tried running off soon as he picks it up 

Just now, Chaff said:

No not tried that, he is faster than mates dog and gets majority of bolters then she trys to take rabbit from him and so it starts...

Oh I see I thought you meant on his own on the lamp like 

My dogs f**k about summat chronic when all hunting together but at night on the own retrieve fairly well

Just now, Black neck said:

Oh I see I thought you meant on his own on the lamp like 

My dogs f**k about summat chronic when all hunting together but at night on the own retrieve fairly well

No he just fucks off hunting in the dark came back one night looking proper smashed up took him home cleaned him up and not a scratch on him ?

Haven't taken him since just stick to daytime mooching and ferreting 

1 minute ago, Chaff said:

No he just fucks off hunting in the dark came back one night looking proper smashed up took him home cleaned him up and not a scratch on him ?

Haven't taken him since just stick to daytime mooching and ferreting 

Fair enough mate I do mainly bushing about and a bit lamping but don't bother wi the ferreting enjoy what your doing that's what it's all about

Dya like beans

1 minute ago, Black neck said:

Fair enough mate I do mainly bushing about and a bit lamping but don't bother wi the ferreting enjoy what your doing that's what it's all about

Dya like beans

Yep gotta have beans they good for my heart unlike this dog, but yeah love working the dog and seeing him in action like, not sure if I would get another burrel dog though a bit too much for my needs tbh but hey he got a home for life 

5 minutes ago, Chaff said:

Yep gotta have beans they good for my heart unlike this dog, but yeah love working the dog and seeing him in action like, not sure if I would get another burrel dog though a bit too much for my needs tbh but hey he got a home for life 

Must be the 800 years of breeding 

• Like 1

When mine catches he comes back but drops the rabbit half way back for some reason. My last dog a bull x he was a complete dick if he didn't catch then he's off some nights he would feck off for a hour or so but he always came back and if he did catch it was a game of me chasing the shite bag round fields..... needless to say no one came out with us ??