Dog aggressive to me

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I growled and curled me lip when me youngest went for me beans on toast luckily the missus were there and intervened or God knows what might have happened 

Any dog show aggression round me or young there’s only uno option 

How would you like someone dicking about with your manky foot when you're trying to get the nosebag on ?

2 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Ive used a clipper lighter on more than 1 occasion ...?

Can remember seeing someone use the lighter trick for the first time on a pit that had hold of a rottie, never seen a dog run so fast! Zippo's are better they don't go out, remember trying the lighter trick on a pit that had grabbed my dog, had a clipper and the b*****d wouldn't light properly, he was just getting sparks under his balls! Make sure there's gas in the lighter!

• Haha 3
2 hours ago, Casso said:

It’s all fear bud, 

when you take pain which triggers instinctive behavior, and heap stimulation (food item)on top you reached a load overload situation 

When a dog is hyper stimulated (pain is a stimulant,  food is a stimulant ) it has to move , there has to be a physical reaction, in both positive and negative cases, the bones just added fuel to a flame , it’s not personal, there was no thought process “like I’m going to get this c**t “ it purely instinctive

Normally a dog will orientate it’s mouth to a tender area if you touch it,  Right , it’s instinctive , add  500 volts at that very instant ,  which is what food item/ stimulation does, and your going to have a very emotional experience with the dog 

As a kid I was always told to leave the dogs alone when they were eating. I can't understand all this take the bowl away from the dog stuff, especially when they use it as a temperament test like they do in the US. I would expect a dog to have some sort of reaction when it's food is interfered with. I'd get the hump if someone snatched my plate away with no warning! when a dogs eating it doesn't take that long why not leave it in peace to eat it's dinner ffs! If I want the dogs bowl while it's eating I call it to me, then go and get the bowl, if she picks up something when we're out, if it's not dropped straight away, I can get it out no problem cos the foods not from the bowl.

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, robertb123 said:

As a kid I was always told to leave the dogs alone when they were eating. I can't understand all this take the bowl away from the dog stuff, especially when they use it as a temperament test like they do in the US. I would expect a dog to have some sort of reaction when it's food is interfered with. I'd get the hump if someone snatched my plate away with no warning! when a dogs eating it doesn't take that long why not leave it in peace to eat it's dinner ffs! If I want the dogs bowl while it's eating I call it to me, then go and get the bowl, if she picks up something when we're out, if it's not dropped straight away, I can get it out no problem cos the foods not from the bowl.

Lol if someone tried to interfere with one of my marinated pork steak specialties, I can guarantee they'd be heading off to 'A + E' with a busted mouth and a steak knife through their hand! Lol. Never had a problem taking all sorts of game, alive and kicking, from any of my dog's mouth's either ?

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Lol if someone tried to interfere with one of my marinated pork steak specialties, I can guarantee they'd be heading off to 'A + E' with a busted mouth and a steak knife through their hand! Lol. Never had a problem taking all sorts of game, alive and kicking, from any of my dog's mouth's either ?

?

7 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

My blue and white whippet/stag is the friendliest dog to everyone,will even let other dogs take her catch but once the rabbits are bagged no one but me can touch them,she turns into Cujo.Suits me as no man or beast will take off with the carcasses.

Mates pat the same just lays on carcasses and turns mean the lurchers seem to find it funny and seem to tease her by creeping closer to get her to react lol

• Like 1
14 hours ago, robertb123 said:

Food is a prized stimulus , you can engage the dog with it or not, I always think is an opportunity wasted not to 

A pup  is basic, it’s either desire or fear, you can work with desire to focus on you , to project into you and watch your movements and tone, on quiet country walks  taking in sights and smells  which all excite but gives you the credit for the feeling of flow and giving  behavior for food as it goes 

or you can do as many so called experts say to do, take it out and expose it to as many assholes and their dogs as possible, where movement and noise is everywhere and the pup has switched from a state of flow to a fear state, such  is the bullshit sold to working dog owners today 

You build Trust , trust is number 1,, control by fear breaks down when stimulation hits a high level, and how you build trust is by using desire to overcome fear and eliminating confrontation , like taming a robin you can’t tame through discipline only trust and desire, 

once a dog is completely trusting with highly valued items  in your space you’ll never have a fear biter

• Like 3