I’m going to have it

I spot with a thermal but shoot with a photon or red lamp when some eejit dropped the photon <thatl be mee>.The land is only 130 acres but surrounded by forestry and shooting estates .So the transit route is well trodden and trailcams see all .So ive had 3 in 2 years with the rifle but we also had 2 shot on shoot days .Ground game isnt allowed but we have a system in place ,soon as fox is shouted all stop in place and the "viewer" can take his shot knowing no 1 is at risk 

• Like 2

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

yep  all over by 9.30 wind in my face squeaked the bitch in from About 250 and shot it at ranged 135  frlggin cold again  Atb lads 

Rob 58 rang the other day needed a fox or two and I’ve seen a couple around the chicken pen so  set up the bait and string with a pheasant as bait !  shot the first one at 5:10am , second o

So I have some fields that I mainly shoot rabbits on, on numerous occasions I’ve bumped into a fox on here, ever since they combined it’s been about, it’s a clever old thing always in a position where

Posted Images

We have a no ground game rule on the shoot, but for some of the more experienced guns they take this more as a suggestion than a rule with a couple been shot on the drives last season, this is all well and good until someone gets hurt ☹️

9 minutes ago, Stavross said:

We have a no ground game rule on the shoot, but for some of the more experienced guns they take this more as a suggestion than a rule with a couple been shot on the drives last season, this is all well and good until someone gets hurt ☹️

Hands up I've not read every reply, but there are not many shoots that let the guns aim down!

Too many issues with beaters!

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Deker said:

Hands up I've not read every reply, but there are not many shoots that let the guns aim down!

Too many issues with beaters!

Yeah, they shouldn’t be doing it but they seem to think they know best, my mate who runs the shoot sent someone home last year for shooting at a hare, he didn’t like this and never came back this season, you don’t need to be shooting with people like that

• Like 3

Safety has to come 1st. When out foxing on your own it's a different matter pointing down to when there are people out in front beating. I once got shouted out for taking a pheasant a good 15 feet up in the air and yet then got criticised for not taking lower birds! Sometimes you can't win. However, some rules are there to ensure safety and when it comes to fully grounded game, it's all too easy for something to bolt across the front of a beater or worse still a beater behind cover. 

• Like 1

Well we had an hour out and it was positively tropical at -4, even the rabbits thought better of it with just a handful about, no fox, the bait has gone but the camera didn’t catch it due to the lens being frozen over, put another camera in the front field near to the spot where I’ve been seeing it, it’s looking like an early morning thing now so depending on work I might put a night shift in and do the pheasant shoot first

• Like 2

You could try either smear a bit of de-icer over the lens (may cause blur but at least you'll have a chance of a pic), or better get a leafy small piece of the same tree and fasten it over the top of the camera as a lens shade. You may be able to bend the branch at 90 degress, depending on how flexible it is, and simply jam it down between the camera and tree. Stop the dew falling onto the lens and you won't get the ice. I rather suspect, bait aside, the fox will have been out. Large animal to go without eating simply because it's cold.

Edited by Alsone
  • 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Stavross said:

I went down on the way home from work today and it’s been there most nights between half 1 and 4 so if I ever get a day off work I’ll do a night shift, failing that the bloody thing will die of old age ?

Are the batteries nearly dead, think the fox is going to outlive them?

Edited by Longshanx