applying for fac

my mate applied for his fac,he called me tonight to tell me last week he got knocked back,not for a criminal record about 4 years ago his wife had a affair and fecked off with another bloke my mate took it bad and was put on anti depression tablets for about 6 month and had to se a doctor a few times ,re got through it and moved on with his life,he said that stopped him getting his fac, how long does something like this stay with you

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

have you started smoking crack or something mark?! you need to give your head a shake if you think 40yrd shots with a springer off a primos/ hide setup is true hunting or skilful     

Depression is a very complex subject and there are situations which can have a huge bearing on the matter, for example, being clinically depressed building up to and going through a divorce which is c

Im not an fac shooter mark and i can shoot a spring rifle as good as any one but let me tell you its not as easy to hit some thing at 100+yrds with an fac rifle as you think pcp or bull

Posted Images

As a guess Jeff, that police decision may probably stay with your mate for a long time, sorry to say.

Depression , firearms , Police is not going to happen mate.

The Police are just doing their job Jeff.

You could encourage your mate to go, or stick with sub 12 ft/lbs, spring if poss` and become a "true air rifle hunter".

Far more demand of personal field craft and shooting skills required .:yes::yes:.( in my humble opinion ).

atb  Mark.

2 hours ago, mark williams said:

As a guess Jeff, that police decision may probably stay with your mate for a long time, sorry to say.

Depression , firearms , Police is not going to happen mate.

The Police are just doing their job Jeff.

You could encourage your mate to go, or stick with sub 12 ft/lbs, spring if poss` and become a "true air rifle hunter".

Far more demand of personal field craft and shooting skills required .:yes::yes:.( in my humble opinion ).

atb  Mark.

have you started smoking crack or something mark?!

you need to give your head a shake if you think 40yrd shots with a springer off a primos/ hide setup is true hunting or skilful 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
8 hours ago, si brown said:

you need to give your head a shake if you think 40yrd shots with a springer off a primos/ hide setup is true hunting or skilful 

No Simon, i never have, or ever will take drugs of any kind :nono:.

The rest is just opinions.

We are allowed an opinion you know.

Lets be open and honest here,- anyone can shoot a pcp.:yes:

Not anyone can shoot a spring rifle off a set of Primos, fence post ( much steadier), tree, etc,etc.

atb  Mark.

Can I just ask, my other half her son has had a fair few run ins with the police over the years,he's calmed down now  and doesnt live at home anymore, would that by any chance put the mockers on me going down the fac route?,if or when i apply, luckily I've been a good boy all my life haha...

14 minutes ago, Phill-W68 said:

Can I just ask, my other half her son has had a fair few run ins with the police over the years,he's calmed down now  and doesnt live at home anymore, would that by any chance put the mockers on me going down the fac route?,if or when i apply, luckily I've been a good boy all my life haha...

No. Shouldn't make any difference at all. :thumbs:

In answer to the original question, I think depression might be taken into consideration for longer than 5 years and rightly so. Whatever the reason for suffering it, that person is obviously susceptible to it and it doesn't just go away one day. 

13 hours ago, si brown said:

Exactly Si , same as shooing bench rested . Most of my shots with a springer are from a knelling position or freehand  But I must admit I don't hunt with springers any more .only practice at targets

Any fool can shoot of primos at distances of 30-40 yards and hit drawing pins , Even Mark can :laugh::thumbs:

• Haha 2

Depression is a very complex subject and there are situations which can have a huge bearing on the matter, for example, being clinically depressed building up to and going through a divorce which is completely overcome when remarrying or living with a new partner. Where in the country also seems to make a difference so it is not a cut and dried subject.

I am a big believer in talking to the people that matter in a given situation and a privately arranged meeting with the firearms officer is a step in the right direction. 

Phil

• Like 3
1 hour ago, villaman said:

Exactly Si , same as shooing bench rested . Most of my shots with a springer are from a knelling position or freehand  But I must admit I don't hunt with springers any more .only practice at targets

Any fool can shoot of primos at distances of 30-40 yards and hit drawing pins , Even Mark can :laugh::thumbs:

Says the voices of authority and utmost knowledge :notworthy:  :rofl:

Most of your shots are from a knelling position or freehand ?

That`ll be why you shoot nowt all the time. :laugh::thumbs:

• Like 1