Minshaw dogs

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

here you go madfox....this bitch has some "Minshaw " in her shes a great grand daughter of blue....that's me she caught 63 that night ...just me and her.....3 days later I was out with her again Darcy

heres 1 more for ya...not the best pic....im on the left with the same bitch.....the young fella on the right is holding Don...he has the same sire as mine...a "minshaw " called jack...the dam to don

The Minshaw name tag is just that a tag used by peddlers, not a type or breed. Every lurcher in my kennels for the last few generations has had the blood of Bess a half x bitch running threw thei

Posted Images

Some pretty big words getting thrown around in here , 

but I’ll tell you something for nothing 

no other lurcher has put more other dogs in the vets than Chester. That’s a fact , a lot of ego laden lurcher men regretted a nights run out against that dog. 

As for the pics , they are absolutely standard for a proper minshaw dog, they are a proper type and I don’t give a f**k what anyone says , I have seen NUMEROUS lurchers of this breeding and directly bred from kill large bags of rabbits regularly and other things

its easy to scoff at times past, but I doubt many others have killed the gear that that group of lads have . 

Crack on 

• Like 8
4 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

Couple of pics of minshaw dogs,

good handy juckels and a good bag.

IMG_0920.JPG

IMG_0921.JPG

that's andy in the pic....I think the red dog is bulba.....but I could be wrong.....me and andy have had some great nights out....done the ton a few times me and andy and with his sons....its andys son whos holding Don on the other priviouse page.....

if it is bulpa ....hes out of blue to a collie.....also bulpa is grandsire to Don....and my bitch Venus on the other page

• Like 5
19 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Some pretty big words getting thrown around in here , 

but I’ll tell you something for nothing 

no other lurcher has put more other dogs in the vets than Chester. That’s a fact , a lot of ego laden lurcher men regretted a nights run out against that dog. 

As for the pics , they are absolutely standard for a proper minshaw dog, they are a proper type and I don’t give a f**k what anyone says , I have seen NUMEROUS lurchers of this breeding and directly bred from kill large bags of rabbits regularly and other things

its easy to scoff at times past, but I doubt many others have killed the gear that that group of lads have . 

Crack on 

Putting other dogs in the vets, what a stupid thing to gloat about.

• Haha 4
52 minutes ago, joe ox said:

Vic minshaw didn't even know what kind of blood was in Blue's sire ?

What I was told years ago, was mainly collie, a bit of bull, blood not shit, hmmm? A tad of beddy, a tad of deerhound, and a smidge of saluki?

In other words, a mongrel lurcher type that he didn't REALLY know what exactly was in it, like alot of lurchers would've been produced by, unless you kept immaculate paperwork, not haphazard guessing cos of what you were told.

And I've seen on here some of the supposed breeding of some 'minshaw' paperwork, and some 'coursing' types, misnamed  wrong date of breeding, f***ing joke

Edited by shaaark

Years ago you could tell a minshaw dog just by looking at it. They had a similar skull shape. Imho they did have something extra.....something over and above  the average lurcher. Another characteristic was they were not fox dogs, usually they were completely disinterested in fox. My minshaw was no world beater but had tremendous willingness and stamina.