Minshaw dogs

9 minutes ago, joe ox said:

Dodger there are dogs out there tagged Minshaw that are barely or not even related to each other they have more coursing dog, bull, collie in them etc explain how they can be a type? 

For me I see them as a type to all these years later having that certain stamp so imo all that line breeding and inbreeding that they did back then through quite a dominant line, even dogs I have seen that only a little minshaw in them you can see minshaw traits in them, other than that joe it doesn't go much deeper than that I like the minshaw dogs iv seen and the couple that I have owned, there guys out there that have done a lot more with them than I have I'm just talking from my own experience with them.

• Like 1

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

here you go madfox....this bitch has some "Minshaw " in her shes a great grand daughter of blue....that's me she caught 63 that night ...just me and her.....3 days later I was out with her again Darcy

heres 1 more for ya...not the best pic....im on the left with the same bitch.....the young fella on the right is holding Don...he has the same sire as mine...a "minshaw " called jack...the dam to don

The Minshaw name tag is just that a tag used by peddlers, not a type or breed. Every lurcher in my kennels for the last few generations has had the blood of Bess a half x bitch running threw thei

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, joe ox said:

Dodger ASD calls Don a minshaw he is probably about 3/4 collie is he a type? to me he looks like a collie.

I would call that don a lurcher that is bred out of a line bred dog put an out cross as in the collie being the outcross but thats jmo I don't know what Andy refers to him as and iv never seen don run however Iv seen him at his house and I do like the look of him he's some stamp of a dog, so as you say if he's 3/4 collie and still has a stamp like he has then that tells me that that 1/4 minshaw in him is very dominant but again jmo .

Just now, dodger said:

I would call that don a lurcher that is bred out of a line bred dog put an out cross as in the collie being the outcross but thats jmo I don't know what Andy refers to him as and iv never seen don run however Iv seen him at his house and I do like the look of him he's some stamp of a dog, so as you say if he's 3/4 collie and still has a stamp like he has then that tells me that that 1/4 minshaw in him is very dominant but again jmo .

Your saying a nearly 3/4 collie has a minshaw stamp? 

8 hours ago, dytkos said:

I went out with him and that dog several times and the dog just switched off. Don't think he gave it more than any of the others, certainly when I was there anyway.

Cheers, D.

He had it on hares when it was a pup and filmed it D....

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, TOMO said:

No mate

Was there a reason for that tomo because the few clips I have  seen of Venus

her ferreting and from what you have said I thought you might of done because she is a very good bitch that has done what was asked of her like you said 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, fireman said:

He had it on hares when it was a pup and filmed it D....

I heard he was running big numbers of rabbits before the dog was 12 months old.

As for 100 rabbits, one dog on foot down here....?

25 minutes ago, stormyboy said:

I heard he was running big numbers of rabbits before the dog was 12 months old.

As for 100 rabbits, one dog on foot down here....?

Mark looks quite fat I doubt he does much on foot ?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
20 minutes ago, joe ox said:

Mark looks quite fat I doubt he does much on foot ?

I heard it's all muscle from years of brick laying ????

• Haha 1