Minshaw dogs

21 minutes ago, dodger said:

Have you owned or ran a minshaw type then poxo and if so what were the things that you didn't you like about them.

Probably mate who knows my dogs are made up of odds an sods collie bred from workers on both sides are scatter bred dogs on both sides of the breeding dating back to the early 80s so who knows I could even have minshaw breeding in my own ??‍♂️would I call any dog that was not line bred an direct from vic minshaw himself a minshaw no! There just Lurchers  Like I’ve said they’ve got everything in the breeding I’ve been out with a lot of different dogs in my time but I’ve never felt the need to check with who I’ve been out with to clarify that there dogs are a minshaw or not ?? So could well of done mate ?? Why’s your pants in a twist fella oh yeah because you’ve got a fecking minshaw an want to be high ruler an protecter of the minshaw name ? 

forgot to add what I don’t like about them after all these years of so many different dogs of dubious breeding going in ie greyhounds,deerhound,saluki,bull,beddy,collie they still have the name minshaw attached to them That’s the only thing I don’t like about them hope you don’t take offence or get upset but there just Lurchers ??

Edited by poxon

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

here you go madfox....this bitch has some "Minshaw " in her shes a great grand daughter of blue....that's me she caught 63 that night ...just me and her.....3 days later I was out with her again Darcy

heres 1 more for ya...not the best pic....im on the left with the same bitch.....the young fella on the right is holding Don...he has the same sire as mine...a "minshaw " called jack...the dam to don

The Minshaw name tag is just that a tag used by peddlers, not a type or breed. Every lurcher in my kennels for the last few generations has had the blood of Bess a half x bitch running threw thei

Posted Images

No need to get on the defensive iv not been rude to you in any of my posts have I? As for my pants being in a twist there not and I have no problem with anybody that doesn't like them or any other breed I keep saluki x's but don't care one little bit if others don't like them why would I as iv said it is there prerogative but you have shown quite an interest in minshaws on this thread so I was wondering if that is from a personal account and what is was that you didn't like about them and if it was from actual experience or hearsay I think it's a reasonable and plausible question, like any cross there's been good and bad I know a fair few that was happy with there's and I also with mine, then for excample markbrick tried them but wasn't happy with his but atleast he tried them and his opinion was based on personal experience however I heard that his wasn't from good stock? Anyway I bid you good night sir it has been good to catch up on the good old minshaw debate lol..

Like I said earlier I saw one run a couple of times so I really don't have a educational ' view on them but one of the times I saw them run they run the ground they were bred to run on they took anything infront on them and took good numbers that night and to be honest running through bogs and the Hills ect that we did showed my dog lacking on that ground I found the minshaw  had very good wind with a short recovery time but I found the lad to be honest about his dog and it's faults 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, dodger said:

No need to get on the defensive iv not been rude to you in any of my posts have I? As for my pants being in a twist there not and I have no problem with anybody that doesn't like them or any other breed I keep saluki x's but don't care one little bit if others don't like them why would I as iv said it is there prerogative but you have shown quite an interest in minshaws on this thread so I was wondering if that is from a personal account and what is was that you didn't like about them and if it was from actual experience or hearsay I think it's a reasonable and plausible question, like any cross there's been good and bad I know a fair few that was happy with there's and I also with mine, then for excample markbrick tried them but wasn't happy with his but atleast he tried them and his opinion was based on personal experience however I heard that his wasn't from good stock? Anyway I bid you good night sir it has been good to catch up on the good old minshaw debate lol..

I think mb deliberately set out to over task that young dog because of the name 

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, dodger said:

mate there was no disrespect meant to you fella just gentle banter I’m never on the defensive I care little or at all what other guys have or have had or how good a dogs they got I only care what I’ve got my self tbh What another man owns and feeds or the type he likes is up to him Fella  the minshaw debate is interesting it’s the never ending circle on opinions??
good night fella take it easy ??

7 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

He did just that,but i don't think it jacked it just started stalking the rabbits,what ever he's still a pr*ck for doing so imo..:yes:

• Like 5
57 minutes ago, poxon said:

Probably mate who knows my dogs are made up of odds an sods collie bred from workers on both sides are scatter bred dogs on both sides of the breeding dating back to the early 80s so who knows I could even have minshaw breeding in my own ??‍♂️would I call any dog that was not line bred an direct from vic minshaw himself a minshaw no! There just Lurchers  Like I’ve said they’ve got everything in the breeding I’ve been out with a lot of different dogs in my time but I’ve never felt the need to check with who I’ve been out with to clarify that there dogs are a minshaw or not ?? So could well of done mate ?? Why’s your pants in a twist fella oh yeah because you’ve got a fecking minshaw an want to be high ruler an protecter of the minshaw name ? 

forgot to add what I don’t like about them after all these years of so many different dogs of dubious breeding going in ie greyhounds,deerhound,saluki,bull,beddy,collie they still have the name minshaw attached to them That’s the only thing I don’t like about them hope you don’t take offence or get upset but there just Lurchers ??

Not upset or taken offence I don't get upset so easily but thank you 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, poxon said:

mate there was no disrespect meant to you fella just gentle banter I’m never on the defensive I care little or at all what other guys have or have had or how good a dogs they got I only care what I’ve got my self tbh What another man owns and feeds or the type he likes is up to him Fella  the minshaw debate is interesting it’s the never ending circle on opinions??
good night fella take it easy ??

As you say just debate and with debate comes compromise you to?

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

I don't know mate he's a character tho isn't he ? and keen I mean he lives right down south but will travel anywhere to run his dogs he was up the fens for daytime that day ran the lamping competitions meting up all over with various forum member think the man went all over lol so think his dogs must see abit of work n as said one of the games characters.

Edited by dodger

One other thing I like about minshaws is not only the dogs but also the men that ran them they was mad n you was just in stitches all the time amd although the gear had to be there but due to there game dauntless ways I personally believe that this behaviour was also a big factor of there being so much gear put away with these dogs, i even remember one being caught in a farmers garden "long story" light came on then security light but never any rush or panic ?, it was there life no normal jobs or anything just doggin doggin doggin wereever whenever good times indeedy..

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

Like I said earlier I saw one run a couple of times so I really don't have a educational ' view on them but one of the times I saw them run they run the ground they were bred to run on they took anything infront on them and took good numbers that night and to be honest running through bogs and the Hills ect that we did showed my dog lacking on that ground I found the minshaw  had very good wind with a short recovery time but I found the lad to be honest about his dog and it's faults 

Good post 

44 minutes ago, dodger said:

One other thing I like about minshaws is not only the dogs but also the men that ran them they was mad n you was just in stitches all the time amd although the gear had to be there but due to there game dauntless ways I personally believe that this behaviour was also a big factor of there being so much gear put away with these dogs, i even remember one being caught in a farmers garden "long story" light came on then security light but never any rush or panic ?, it was there life no normal jobs or anything just doggin doggin doggin wereever whenever good times indeedy..

I think I know exactly who your referring to there ! 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, dodger said:

Jack was born over 20 year ago and your present dogs look like him as well as some of your dogs offspring, you have also line bred and inbred your dogs having all bred down from jack, so putting the name minshaw to the side how are they not a type genuine question.

The Minshaw name tag is just that a tag used by peddlers, not a type or breed.

Every lurcher in my kennels for the last few generations has had the blood of Bess a half x bitch running threw their veins, a really good bitch which I had the pleasure to own and work until she was 8 and had to be PTS because of ill health. I still see her traits and mannerisms in her offspring three generations later. 

A picture of her in her 1st season, more moons ago than I care to remember!

SSA40076_zps6c2dad81.jpg

Edited by joe ox
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, poxon said:

Mate by that pedigree that was put up they can be any thing you want them to be yes there’s beddy on that pedigree 

Mate i was just leg pulling i must. Be The only one in country that never heard of this minshaw chap ,like fred fred said i must av been pissed through the 80s ?lol maybe but peddlars were around then just like they are today. ? Always best do ya homework and trust ur own instincts when looking for a pup ? And as they say names is for tombstones. Baby ? Lol

• Like 1

A few more of Bess, she was put to Andy Moores Jack, bottom picture is with her son Eddie out of that litter.

Andy always referred to that litter as bull Minshaw's even though in them was just under or around a 1/4 collie. 

Jack was used because he was the full brother of Moscow. I owned and ran Moscow threw out his entire career. Jack was used because of relation to Moscow not the hype Andy used to give Jack as a "Minshaw" I never saw Jack run, Moscow was actually tried over bess the day before Jack lined her but he couldn't manage so I went to Jack the next best thing with the same blood. 

My point is anything with even the slightest relation to the older dogs owned by Minshaw was hyped up and referred to as a Minshaw! That litter was collie bull greyhound, the addition of bull made a massive difference.

IMGP0156_zpsa9ab30e4.jpg

mauricebess_zpsb879c1a2.jpg

IMG_4322_zps73ae7940.JPG

Edited by joe ox
  • Like 9