Minshaw dogs

3 minutes ago, Foxpack 2 said:

Where all the pups big black bruisers?? ,if so good mate of mine had one ,sadly the lad died of throat cancer not many years later ,but I seen the dog run .not built for speed but he could go all night at a set pace on rabbits  

There was a few black dogs in the litter, Andy Moore got one(Jack) another went to Consett and one went just down the road from Billy in whitehaven to a fella who looked like he was around 50 year old at the time I did meat that fella but carnt remember his name .

• Like 1

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

here you go madfox....this bitch has some "Minshaw " in her shes a great grand daughter of blue....that's me she caught 63 that night ...just me and her.....3 days later I was out with her again Darcy

heres 1 more for ya...not the best pic....im on the left with the same bitch.....the young fella on the right is holding Don...he has the same sire as mine...a "minshaw " called jack...the dam to don

The Minshaw name tag is just that a tag used by peddlers, not a type or breed. Every lurcher in my kennels for the last few generations has had the blood of Bess a half x bitch running threw thei

Posted Images

3 hours ago, TOMO said:

jo what was Ginny's mother...I cant remember....?

TOMO I have an 8 month old young bitch she is Maurice's granddaughter she is the double of Ginny at that age exactly same temperament/behaviour the lot.

Maurice and Ginny pictured at around 8 month.

SSA40025_zps76beff5e.JPG

• Like 7
31 minutes ago, joe ox said:

There was a few black dogs in the litter, Andy Moore got one(Jack) another went to Consett and one went just down the road from Billy in whitehaven to a fella who looked like he was around 50 year old at the time I did meat that fella but carnt remember his name .

Some rough fellas from that Whitehaven. Plenty jackers knocking about round there ?

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, joe ox said:

Cork hill???

19 hours ago, Gilbey said:

its Bulpa Growler and Shane the black bull cross ?

Top pics was dog out of Shane, bottom 2 are out of him .I still have stuff now out of them foing way back to Shane dog and some minshaw lines plus coursing stuff .they put Shane dog over a bitch I recall being called rose .I have it all wrote down somewhere .

20181220_070602.jpg.ca13ca44944cc7450a509ac2e0483c3b.jpg

20181220_070622.jpg.c91ef4e8059225f30231cae333ac6b40.jpg

FB_IMG_1545290101597.jpg.d7df582a505732efded3187ac07a069c.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, brambles said:

Some frogs shooting driven hare is one thing but a statement like killing 20 lamped hares makes the bitch worth breeding from makes me laugh no wonder there is so much shit out there, atb with your dogs?

Could your dog do 20 hares a night in the lamp?! 

I don’t mean 5 or 6 or even ten .

i mean 20. 

could it do That night after night after night ? 

Cause I could name half a dozen minshaw types that could ?

dont think things didn’t happen cause you haven’t seen itv

1 hour ago, Foxpack 2 said:

Cork hill???

I Don't know, I remember his house and garden being on a steep bank, if I remember right he liked half cross bulls he may of had a few or was looking after some for a mate I only met him twice and it was 20 year ago.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Bearfoot said:

Come on lads I was once took out way a few lads daytime twice my age to the worse bit they could find I was told later they were trying to kill.my dog double wires  it didn't work they both went home way a sour face she killed 4 in a bit they couldn't kill.one it's the old dog game it's always been that way if you've something or somewhere good keep.it to yourself ???????enjoy 

I don't have any one on my yard and I go out alone ,I do a bit ferreting with a old fella who iv known yrs but that's it .

its the best way for me.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, TOMO said:

heres another old pic.....andy is on the left holding Tara me red kelpie cross bitch....andy's son his holding his black bitch called Ginny....joe ox bred her and kindly gifted her to andys son when his bitch was sadly run over......ginny was out of andys Jack....grandson of blue....the dam to ginny was one of joes dogs...think it had bull and a touch of deerhound in...joe will obviously know more......we got exactly 100 rabbits that night...50 each.....one thing about Ginny was she had incredible staminar....a cracking dog to watch you just couldn't tire her out

DSCF1231.jpg

Great post TOMO.

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Foxpack 2 said:

Top pics was dog out of Shane, bottom 2 are out of him .I still have stuff now out of them foing way back to Shane dog and some minshaw lines plus coursing stuff .they put Shane dog over a bitch I recall being called rose .I have it all wrote down somewhere .

20181220_070602.jpg.ca13ca44944cc7450a509ac2e0483c3b.jpg

20181220_070622.jpg.c91ef4e8059225f30231cae333ac6b40.jpg

FB_IMG_1545290101597.jpg.d7df582a505732efded3187ac07a069c.jpg

was rose a s  bitch a very good bitch by all acounts 

• Like 1
On 30/03/2019 at 10:45, brambles said:

Some frogs shooting driven hare is one thing but a statement like killing 20 lamped hares makes the bitch worth breeding from makes me laugh no wonder there is so much shit out there, atb with your 

Hard Brexit

Edited by Bearfoot
Berxit
  • Like 3