Not a bad day

After the thumbs up from the keeper we made our way out this morning, as normal we got there just before day break, sorting the kit out and heading off into the windswept fellside, on my approach I could see plenty of rabbits heading for the rock so I took a detour and climbed out above them hopping to put a few to ground, as I went up the rabbits went up, I went higher, the rabbits went higher, I couldn’t win once on the tops they just disappeared into the vast expanse of heather, after about of a walk Nell worked her way down the fell side onto a large Warren, where she was marking at a few different holes I split it on half and entered two ferrets, 7 rabbits later they were up so once boxed I moved my net round and entered a different two, bolting and digging I had another 9 making that 16, as I was picking my net up Nell was marking another small Warren to my left, this time it was a dig to a brace, at under a footBD00E200-077D-4594-A600-C0A209A7DFFE.jpeg.cfc7cf47d2019bfef768b4143175059b.jpeganother couple joined them in the bag, Nell was marking what looked like a bit of a rocky place, 50yrds round and one ferret in, here I had bolts and a few digs, nothing deeper than 2ft, one bolted slipped the net and made for the rocks, Nell soon had it in the bag, with this Warren producing 7 I had a total of 27, I made my way back to our van with my mate having 10 so our final tally of the day was 37879D2139-EB6B-4A5C-BD3D-3FBFC79A3CCF.jpeg.8d6776e0eeb5aca0a55cd7088311cbb8.jpegcheers Neil b 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, neil b said:

She is very reliable, if she says there’s rabbits at home, there’s rabbits at home 

she sounds a top notch marker to me. I have always had a marking dog. been offered a day's ferreting but no dogs & always turned it down the dog is part of the team couldn't go without her. 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, fred90 said:

she sounds a top notch marker to me. I have always had a marking dog. been offered a day's ferreting but no dogs & always turned it down the dog is part of the team couldn't go without her. 

With the vast amount of ground we have it’s littered with holes so a marking dog is a must, personally I wouldn’t bother if I had no dog 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Trev70 said:

Good do Neil ? I'm setting off soon to do some hedges and it sounds like I could be doing some digging with the strong winds they've give out all day ☹️?.

It’s constantly windy up on those moors, in 3 seasons I think we have only been there a handful of times when it isn’t blowing 

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, neil b said:

It’s constantly windy up on those moors, in 3 seasons I think we have only been there a handful of times when it isn’t blowing 

I do most of my bolting up the dales on the low ground so the weather is just like local weather for me Neil . We had a good day today on the hedges only a few digs they bolted well for the dogs

969B7E0C-B9E5-4198-9915-7BFD7CCD6213.jpeg

• Like 2