Pheasant shooting to be banned on public land in wales

Just been reading this after talking to a lad today who reckons they have started to band pheasant shooting. I am sure somebody could find a link to put up as I am not very good on computers.  

Do you think this is finally the beginning of the end of all field sports?  I wonder if it Will it effect shot gun applications 

Pheasant shooting is set to be banned on public land in wales following sustained campaigning by animal welfare organisations who consider the practice to be cruel. Natural resources wales (NWA)  said it would not be renewing leases to shoot the game birds from March 2019 and that it would also not support the breeding of pheasants on government owned estates. 

10 minutes ago, trigger2 said:

Just been reading this after talking to a lad today who reckons they have started to band pheasant shooting. I am sure somebody could find a link to put up as I am not very good on computers.  

Do you think this is finally the beginning of the end of all field sports?  I wonder if it Will it effect shot gun applications 

Pheasant shooting is set to be banned on public land in wales following sustained campaigning by animal welfare organisations who consider the practice to be cruel. Natural resources wales (NWA)  said it would not be renewing leases to shoot the game birds from March 2019 and that it would also not support the breeding of pheasants on government owned estates. 

I believe it is every Englishman’s right to own a shotgun and the authority,s have to provide a valid reason to refuse, I may be wrong never owned more than an air rifle myself but I thought that was the law, just more pandering to the looney left is all it is, 

• Like 2
16 hours ago, tilimangro said:

Country sports are fu ked

Hearing so much recently that makes me think the clock is ticking

Nothing is ever new it just gets re invented, and in years to come someone will rediscover country sports and it will once again be  the next great new thing, that everyone is encouraged to get involved with, probably best to let the world go through it’s vegan phase before the big revival though, hopefully things may have changed enough that we are allowed to hunt vegans in its next coming ???

This was always going to happen first hunting then shooting then fishing. 

If you go hunting or shooting in the UK your a scumbag and a wrong en...... but if you wear your wife's clothes and want to be called a women when your clearly a man. Well that's perfectly normal. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, fred90 said:

for a lot of lads who have no permission nothing changes really. it's like going back to early days everything you do is illegal. 

Exactly that mate except it’s even easier now than in the 80,S as every farm , forest and country estate has public footpaths running through them which were never maintained or highlighted with signs and shiny new gates, back in the day, I walk many miles a week with my terrier and lurcher in tow, and very rarely get accosted like I used to, most farmers just say morning now or give a little wave as I walk through, google earth is a fantastic tool for finding your way on and off property your not meant to be on via footpath,s, I will be gaining entry to a large quarry in the morning to set some cameras up, the quarry is shut on Sunday and google earth has found me a nice safe car park with footpaths that will take me right round the perimeter of the quarry after a mile walk, even saw the gap in the hedge and animal runs on the cliff face I,ll be trying to get cameras on, have,nt  had the old 12 bore fired at me in many a year as it’s not considered exceptable any more to discharge weapons like it used to be, so all is not lost if you,ve never had anything to loose in the first place,it’s the folk who,s lively hood depends on it I feel most sorry for as they have done everything the right way so have by far the most to loose ?

Reading through the above posts it doesn't seem as if most people don't know the difference between private and public land.

Read this ....  https://naturalresources.wales/days-out/recreation-and-access-policy-advice-and-guidance/managing-access/open-access-land/?lang=en  ...... briefly  this common land not specifically owned by a person .....  this is where sporting leases for land won't allow shooting when the leases run out. this has nothing to do with private land. 

On 28 May 2005 the Countryside and Rights of Way Act (CRoW) came into force, clearly identifying open access land in Wales. One fifth of Wales is mapped as ‘access land’ where the public have a right of access on foot.

Definition of access land

Open access land, under the CRoW Act, consists of open country (mountain, moor, heath and downland) and 'registered common land', which consists of land that is recorded on the official registers held by the commons registration authorities. It also includes areas of 'dedicated land' where owners, such as Natural Resources Wales, allow free access.