Rabbit thief!!

Been out for a mooch on the farm, a hand full of rabbits about but a bit to far out for the 22.

Managed to bag one at about 40 yards, clean shot straight to the bonce. 

Picked it up and dropped it near my van and wandered off around another field.

Called it a night and packed my gear away and went to pick my rabbit up to chuck in the van...........

hang on a minute were the fooks it gone??

Some sneaky ginger terrorist must have picked it up and done a runner?

Not impressed?

On a plus note farmer Ben said he’ll give me £5 a crow up to 10 crows as his new seeds are getting battered. He’s just about to sow 100 acres and he wants the darkies gone. He’s wanting to hang the dead crows in the fields to spook the rest.

Plan of action  is 3 guns in around the field crow blasting? let’s hope we can bag a few of the crafty feckers

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Underdog said:

Get them shot. Vermin the lot of them.

Seriously though, shoot your 22 some and wait ten minutes. Then start squealing. Bet Charlie shows up and put one across his ribs, he won't go far.

With I could shoot  Charlie U, I have to leave them for the farmer 

• Sad 1

Happens regularly.

Couple of occasions stands out for me.  

Must be about 6-7 years ago I had virtually wiped out a family of fox, had 4 or 5 of them in a pile, I also had an exceptional rabbit in the pile that was coming home with me for supper.  Another fox stepped over the dead bodies of the other foxes and stole my rabbit!

Another time I was waiting on a fox, been there a while in cover but Id taken a rabbit and that was next to me. Started to get dark so went back to the car and put on lamping kit, gone all of 10 minutes, came back and rabbit was gone, never did get the fox that night.

:thumbs:

Edited by Deker
  • Haha 2
38 minutes ago, Underdog said:

I had a cage trap set in the back garden but the fox kept eating the bait through the bars rather than going in. I decided to hang bait on a string from the top of the cage to stop the fox doing that. The only bait I had was a rabbit my mate had shot earlier. It had something wrong with its spine so had a kind of hunch back and one of its eyes had popped out with the head shot. I hung the rabbit up and thought no more of it. Later I looked out of my bedroom window at the cage and there was this hunchback rabbit with a bulging eye swinging slowly back and forth in the moonlight.

I still have nightmares about it. :laugh:

1 hour ago, walshie said:

I had a cage trap set in the back garden but the fox kept eating the bait through the bars rather than going in. I decided to hang bait on a string from the top of the cage to stop the fox doing that. The only bait I had was a rabbit my mate had shot earlier. It had something wrong with its spine so had a kind of hunch back and one of its eyes had popped out with the head shot. I hung the rabbit up and thought no more of it. Later I looked out of my bedroom window at the cage and there was this hunchback rabbit with a bulging eye swinging slowly back and forth in the moonlight.

?

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, walshie said:

?