William Moore & Grey hunting knife

Hello,

a few weeks ago, William Moore & Grey contacted me asking, if I would be interested in making some knives for them. :D

William Moore & Grey London offers finest bespoke guns since 1808, no more than 12 guns per year are leaving the workshop.

Here the prototypes, 95mm blades, silver soldered guards from bronze, turkish walnut burl with handrubbed gunstock finish.

wmg4.jpg.a57fbfbcaed9f08c5b11d6b49e1b8242.jpg

wmg1.jpg.4e3ad17ecd93c642dfa3ba90302ead46.jpg

wmg2.jpg.f18b2fc3c872101cb5db85aa79579796.jpg

wmg3.jpg.c3aeca3f55c7cb6a4d3fb5adfc810368.jpg

wmg5.jpg.d5b416acda729f17ec5324927e4e1c38.jpg

Kind regards

Nicolas

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

Thank you Sirs!! 

To make a nice knife is not that hard, to make two EXACTLY THE SAME... that was a challenge, now again, I will file a little here and there, till even myself can't tell the difference between both knives. 

Soon there will be another one, damascus and sambar.. 

Regards 

Nicolas 

On 12/01/2019 at 09:28, spsurfer said:

Thank you Sirs!! 

To make a nice knife is not that hard, to make two EXACTLY THE SAME... that was a challenge, now again, I will file a little here and there, till even myself can't tell the difference between both knives. 

Soon there will be another one, damascus and sambar.. 

Regards 

Nicolas 

nice work nick .if you have to make a dozen or so better just getting the profiles lazer cut saves alot of time , and the profiles will be exactly the same:thumbs:

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, riohog said:

nice work nick .if you have to make a dozen or so better just getting the profiles lazer cut saves alot of time , and the profiles will be exactly the same:thumbs:

Yes, I'm thinking about. I had blades cut before by water jet. Just don't know if the machine will accept the size of the steel it comes in as it comes in 30mm wide strips. 

Regards 

Nicolas