Nice morning for a 22.

Been told stay off work until fit. Got a minor infection in the surgery. It's made me quite ill but seem to be recovering now. Today was very nearly pain free.

I had a grand walk in the frost this morning and enjoyed some 22 action.

DSC02008.JPG.e03aee45ea20afee0aed3da2f74ada63.JPG

The fox rut is all but over here and I took four out from it but lads my night shooting is really struggling!

At night my right eye is terrible!

I can see the reticle but not the fox and if I focus on the fox I can't see the reticle!

I think it's time to give up nearly, I am hestitating unless I can get to shotgun range! Should I just switch to shotgun?

I don't know what to do ☹️

U.

6 hours ago, Stavross said:

Take it steady fella, as long as you take it easy a walk out in the crisp air will do you the world of good, have you tried an illuminated reticle for your night shooting 

Thanks and no but may look into that!

Thanks.

They are definitely worth a go, I’ve got one on one of the mouse guns, I’ve noticed that sometimes I find myself looking for the reticle on my other rifles for a few seconds until everything comes into focus but with the illuminated scope it’s there as soon as I put my eye to it as long as it’s on the lowest setting, otherwise there’s to much light on the glass and it looks a bit foggy ?

• Like 3
34 minutes ago, Stavross said:

They are definitely worth a go, I’ve got one on one of the mouse guns, I’ve noticed that sometimes I find myself looking for the reticle on my other rifles for a few seconds until everything comes into focus but with the illuminated scope it’s there as soon as I put my eye to it as long as it’s on the lowest setting, otherwise there’s to much light on the glass and it looks a bit foggy ?

Thems mice's are small! ?

Will look into it, cheers ?

• Like 1

Right feller's I took your advise and went to a local fun shop and bought a hawk vantage.

The glowing ret is way better for my dodgy eye, I don't have fight to see both anymore. Thanks for the suggestion.

I find I have to twiddle with the fast focus too for close range stuff these days also. My old weaver could not facilitate that!

The new scope has aiming points graduated for 22 LR but it seems to be just as useful for WMR.

Thanks feller's ?

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Underdog said:

The new scope has aiming points graduated for 22 LR but it seems to be just as useful for WMR.

Interesting. I've heard about those graduated for air rifles, but how does it work with the myriad of options you could have regarding barrel length, muzzle velocity etc?

19 minutes ago, walshie said:

Interesting. I've heard about those graduated for air rifles, but how does it work with the myriad of options you could have regarding barrel length, muzzle velocity etc?

That's what I wondered, it's got to be an approximation I guess!

39 minutes ago, walshie said:

So with 40gr HVs it would be miles out presumably? :hmm:

It actually states for 22 subsonic mate so a little yes.

It's kind of a compromise, any slight inclination from pararell to the bore and it will be different from one rifle to another!

In the past many a rifle has had to have its scope shimmed!

Only ever have I owned one rifle where upon a centered scope lined up perfectly with the bore, a tikka T3.

• Like 1