beggers in your town

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pretty much in the very same situation stiff, 3 kids wife had to give up a decent well paid job and only my wage coming in now to cover all the bills, can be real fcuking tough going at times. If ther

what a load of shite life as a different outcome for us all most people are a pay packet off poverty just wait whilst you miss them mortgage payments be sat with em with your own bowl just make sure y

someone once told me that .....your never more than 2 meals away from eating out of a bin.....I can believe it ,more so these days ,i know most of you are perfect lol,addiction is hard work if you hav

Posted Images

I see Beggars every where  in Leicester when I visit, strong fit young men but why are they there ? there are thousands of jobs going and they won't work because it is  easier to beg, I am on a forum for Bricklayers  and there is a constant stream of adverts that say HOD CARRIERS WANTED  £160 A DAY MUST WORK AT LEAST FOUR DAYS A WEEK   why do not people take these jobs , its a good wage and anyone can do it , it's not as if it's hard as a machine doe's all the  lifting but they would sooner beg, I think how can they do it , where is their pride  , just before xmas I was in Kendal the town centre  was full of them and their was a group of people giving out winter coats, sleeping bags ,boots  hot grub and coffee  well I worked 55 years outside in all weathers  laying bricks to get my winter coat and nobody gave me nothing ,why should these parasites get a free pass.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, micky said:

I see Beggars every where  in Leicester when I visit, strong fit young men but why are they there ? there are thousands of jobs going and they won't work because it is  easier to beg, I am on a forum for Bricklayers  and there is a constant stream of adverts that say HOD CARRIERS WANTED  £160 A DAY MUST WORK AT LEAST FOUR DAYS A WEEK   why do not people take these jobs , its a good wage and anyone can do it , it's not as if it's hard as a machine doe's all the  lifting but they would sooner beg, I think how can they do it , where is their pride  , just before xmas I was in Kendal the town centre  was full of them and their was a group of people giving out winter coats, sleeping bags ,boots  hot grub and coffee  well I worked 55 years outside in all weathers  laying bricks to get my winter coat and nobody gave me nothing ,why should these parasites get a free pass.

Agreed Micky, I’m only a wage of too from skint Aswell but il sure as shite is brown try and keep working these scrounges have no self respect and these days they’re victims of an invented illness of lazyitius

Sometimes i think how easy that could be me...some times the fight gos in folk..every time an in town i allways by atlease one of them a cob..its only a pound. .i bumped in to a old frend yestday whos now gone on drugs and homeless. .very say..let he who cast the first stone..

11 minutes ago, tb25 said:

Sometimes i think how easy that could be me...some times the fight gos in folk..every time an in town i allways by atlease one of them a cob..its only a pound. .i bumped in to a old frend yestday whos now gone on drugs and homeless. .very say..let he who cast the first stone..

you mean ....."let he who is without sin, cast the first stone".......I think a better bible quote for people in that situation is......"there but for the grace of god go I"

both very good quotes even though I'm not religious

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

just got in from Newcastle town centre I was in town 1 hour and counted 15 beggers in that time,theres a lot more then there used to be a few years ago as I used to work in the town centre,most today looked foreign

9 hours ago, micky said:

There's a lot of addiction problems on building sites, especially bricklayers and labourers. It's hard graft so there is a work hard play hard mentality that can easily turn into a problem. Lads like to let off steam at weekends but the women don't always see it that way and chuck them out. They just spiral out of control after that.

• Haha 1
38 minutes ago, jiggy said:

There's a lot of addiction problems on building sites, especially bricklayers and labourers. It's hard graft so there is a work hard play hard mentality that can easily turn into a problem. Lads like to let off steam at weekends but the women don't always see it that way and chuck them out. They just spiral out of control after that.

Serves em right for taking drugs , in the boom off the 60s  we were making £40  a week , pop stars wages , me and my mates pissed it all up the wall but no one I knew at work took drugs except fags and ale .

• Like 1

We don't see it out in the sticks.

But last year we were down in York for the races and was genuinely surprised and shocked by the number of homeless and beggars . Many of them were Scots , all of them looked filthy and were looking genuinely homeless.

To see all the wealth and privilege at the races and then see folk genuinely down on their luck begging and sleeping in door ways was pretty sad.

10 hours ago, greenshank1 said:

We don't see it out in the sticks.

But last year we were down in York for the races and was genuinely surprised and shocked by the number of homeless and beggars . Many of them were Scots , all of them looked filthy and were looking genuinely homeless.no

To see all the wealth and privilege at the races and then see folk genuinely down on their luck begging and sleeping in door ways was pretty sad.

Many of them were Scots , all of them looked filthy and were looking genuinely homeless.

I just think that's what they look like anyway!?

• Haha 3