Herder

Just now, shaaark said:

Does anyone travel south to bag up on rabbits with a reverse 3/4 bred collie/grey? They'd be totally wasting their 

I an't been up ont dales for over a year las time 3 of us went up ont perm at kettlewell one went ont buckden side two of us went on't kettlewell side between us we got 17 rabbits that was every bunny seen wer caught 

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Colliejohn asked me to put these up for him 

Funny thread this one, sensible question, interesting debate on working long nets etc......then it went mental...lol So is the dog a Jacker?? Is there honestly a dog that has never been stra

Here's a couple of pics of the bitch out of the herder and buster.  

Posted Images

Some old photo's of our collie bitch, 51 years ago, with my mum and me as a babe in arms. The collie my dad used for rabbits and she caught em well enough.

The next is my parents, with the litter she had to a cur type jukel (as Bill calls em)

And the last is the pup my dad kept back and me (on the left) and my brother lol..! That bitch was a very handy animal.

FB_IMG_1458244897562.jpg

FB_IMG_1458244848073.jpg

FB_IMG_1458244875103.jpg

8 minutes ago, Bearfoot said:

I thought it was me that just mad I often hunt alone talking to my friends in my head thinking and still hunting it bits I was a boy different dogs but in the same fields I've looked after fr long time animals like ourselfs are creatures of habbits??atb I can't be arsed chasing after other lads what time were we go ECT ECT ? 

I do plenty a that I assure you lol, nought wrong with it ,it's getting I prefer ta run on muy own I went twelve seasons single jukel single man ,gas get ta learn a lot about ones self and jukels lol fa me I part of the countryside and like the animals that reside there are a part of and parcel of the woods and fields flushing a nice buck under the noses of the tourists his just a day out in the countrymans day .nought mad about that lol atb billBill

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

Some old photo's of our collie bitch, 51 years ago, with my mum and me as a babe in arms. The collie my dad used for rabbits and she caught em well enough.

The next is my parents, with the litter she had to a cur type jukel (as Bill calls em)

And the last is the pup my dad kept back and me (on the left) and my brother lol..! That bitch was a very handy animal.

FB_IMG_1458244897562.jpg

FB_IMG_1458244848073.jpg

FB_IMG_1458244875103.jpg

Great pictures bosun. ?.

• Like 3

Why spoil  it great pics bosom yr just a lad there here is a pic of Connie my first lurcher she killed 5 hare one  day  she was very fast i remember walking home 5 hungry boys way a hare each  she was not the best fox dog but she stayed until the job was done excuse the pump action  that was my first patterdale great we bitch hard as fck prob 80s early I wager a few bets on that fence at back that little bitch good scale that and deer fence only for the crack both ended up there life's in the  house both gave there all till the end she gave me one pup he  was a topper wheaton collie bull bed grey he could turn a fox inside out the wheatonx  I seen out digging way the  Irish lads ?

Edited by Bearfoot
  • Like 4