Back at em

The wind was up so couldn't help.myself...just took Fergie for a couple of hours...had 9 but she dropped one on the way back as one got up in front of her, I couldn't find it and nor could she.... useless nose lol

20190108_001200.jpg.56c4d333c874e603821ce02161652812.jpg

• Like 14

17 hours ago, rabbit tourmentor said:

Got some rabbits up Devon then there nearly extinct down are way

There's a few about not loads but enough to keep the dog and ferrets busy

15 minutes ago, sid g said:

same here be lucky to see 9 in a month ,,

You remember the ferreting reports we were doing 4 or 5 years ago, most trips were 50 plus, we rotate the land so it wasn't hitting one area hard, but some of those bits are barren now...

Meant to be lamping a bit tomorrow night that was lifting a few years back, we had 64 out of one hedge...not been on there for 2 years, see what's about for a few ferreting trips.

Had around 70 off of the bit I was on last night this season, the farmers happy enough and there are still a good few to repopulate for next season, may have one more trip ferreting on it then leave it till next season...

2 minutes ago, sid g said:

not so bad if you can rotate it mate . places that looked promising sept/oct have been shot to bits we see more badgers than owt on a trip out ,,

Our little group have a fair bit between us, we never go on each other's without the lad who.has the permission, but it does mean we can rotate... it works cause we don't break that trust.

The bit I was on yesterday and Sunday is around 450 acres all grass, it's nice lamping ground across the road is around 500 acres, bloody great hilly arable land, all sorts on it makes for a more interesting walk!!!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Saltmoon said:

Not to bad your way then it's slowly getting better around plymouth way nothing grate though but hopefully be getting a farm back by ivybridge soon just waiting for the ok on that one. Fine looking dog there to 

2 of the lads I hunt with regulary (ferreted with them on Sunday) are from Plymouth...we used to ferret a security fenced solar farm down there, it was crawling we had 35 rabbits by 11am one morning, every day was 50 plus...they were causing tons of trouble to the cables chewing them.

We used to ferret it with the manager went back last season and it was dead, rang him again this season  same thing...our hunting didn't do that and no one else could get in to hunt it...it's a cycle, they'll come back...

Glad you're finding a few mate, good luck on the new permission 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, sid g said:

been a shit season so far not much about any way then my knee started playing up might have to have a new knee but hey ho ,,

That's not good mate, too many years up and down ladders!!

I'll give you a buzz this week for a catch up.. 

• Like 1