Deal breaker?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

:  

The Toby dog I started out with was from a brother sister mating, Choker and Mo, he was undershot,  it was in there from the beginning.  He opened my eyes to what sort of a standard can be achieved, 

I had quite a few of them RS, again, some where curs, some ran well and beat the stags hands down, one in particular came to meet the stags. I was well looked after out there and I met some real

Posted Images

I had quite a few of them RS, again, some where curs, some ran well and beat the stags hands down, one in particular came to meet the stags.

I was well looked after out there and I met some real gentlemen,  good people,  good hunting. 

P1210763-1.jpg

• Like 8

Great posts I got to take my little girl on what y'all call a hunt with an English houndman as master of hounds or shot caller.Me and her had a blast.She stills laughs about couples versus the actual number of dogs.He had a good lurcher. Caught couple coyotes.He was a fine representative of your country.In return we took him hog hunting.Couldnt brake him from calling them pigs lol when I asked him how come his hounds behaved so well.He said first thing I do is teach em they name.Ye rednecks say old black bitch one nut male ole mammy dog.Teachem their NAMES! Ye country bumpkin.

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, dillydog said:

I had quite a few of them RS, again, some where curs, some ran well and beat the stags hands down, one in particular came to meet the stags.

I was well looked after out there and I met some real gentlemen,  good people,  good hunting. 

P1210763-1.jpg

Checking the mouth for a correct scissor bite? 

• Haha 5

Old houndman trick for ivermectin is cut it with propylene glycol.Double check my spelling it's what they cut cough syrup with.A tenth of a cc a day for 40 pound dog will treat mange.A tenth of a cc a month for 40 pound dog will treat heartworm larvae.Its the most dangerous medicine to give your dog IMO.

• Like 1
On 09/01/2019 at 19:24, Rickshaw swami said:

Does anyone classify bottle raised pups as a weakness.Has anyone noticed lower percentage? 

I think they can be ok if they've fed from the bitch for the first 3 days but personally I wouldnt bother with a pup thats been bottle fed from the minute it was born.

• Like 1
On 10/01/2019 at 11:50, Rickshaw swami said:

please y'all research ivermectin before giving it to dogs.My dad was a vet tech.Trust me to give enough to help a dog it will blind him or blow out kidneys.i just stopped on highway with boat to post this.I would hate for anyone to lose adog.Even that mixed boy or baker.

You must be wrong.Theres lads on here who pump the stuff in their dogs left,right and centre rather than spend a quid on a worming tablet ???

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, dillydog said:

You boys either think to much or I'm not seeing enough,  I hope I never have to bottle feed anymore pups again,  but if I do I'll keep you posted 

The colostrum that a pup gets from the bitch for the first 3 days wont make or break the pup as a worker when its older but the antibodies that it gets from the colostrum definitely plays a massive part in a dogs wellbeing and immune system as an adult.

• Thanks 1
Just now, W. Katchum said:

Never bothered looking but we use calf colostrum out a pack for coo’s, so can’t you get same for pups?? Obviously  I reckon the bitches natural stuff would be better but the stuff we use is deffo better than nowt?

I dont know mate,maybe but ive never heard of it.The stuff you can buy in a tin for bottle feeding pups is or always was just milk not colostrum.

14 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Not sure either not summat Iv ever needed, do know a dog man tho,  you know aswell that told me once he prefers bottle raises pups but I sure he said he leaves em with mother for few days( unless she killed em?)

Only so he can imprint them so it makes them easier to interfere with the filthy animal.The only reason id resort to bottle feeding from day 1 would be if the bitch died in labour.

• Like 1